General Discussion

JulietheMeezermum

Christmas turkey prepared and ready to cook

It looks like my radiotherapy will start in a couple of weeks . This means I will be receiving it all over the Christmas period including Christmas day . I was having chemo over the same period last year ,so I have bought a fresh turkey crown and worked my magic on it . I will freeze it now and it has instructions on it on when to defrost and cooking instructions. Hopefully the radiotherapy and chemo together won't affect me much . But I am so pleased that I am now ready for Christmas day ,including pigs in blankets ! Love to all and thinking of everyone at Christmas ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

bettebette

Thatโ€™s very impressive @JulietheMeezermum well done! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽ„ โ„๏ธ Best wishes for the radiotherapy :x::x:

abergirl

Hello @JulietheMeezermum ..excellent! My hubby was still having chemo over Christmas last year...he managed to have some Christmas dinner though! Hope you come through it with minimal trouble and that it works it's magic for you. Lots of love.:x::x:

terri m

I will be thinking of you having your treatment over the xmas period... Hope you really have a special xmas, & enjoy the da y with your lovely pigs in blankets @JulietheMeezermum ..love & hugs :x::x::x::x:

JulietheMeezermum

Dear @bettebette ,@terri m and @abergirl . Thank you for your thoughts . I've tried to have a plan for Christmas and Boxing day just to make it less stressful and more enjoyable . I do love turkey and pigs in blankets :x:

george1960

Time flys, last year was having chemo and radiotherapy and had to go in boxing day for treatment didn't enjoy last year dinner as most of the family had colds so didn't see them.
But this year yeah having chemo again but looking forward to the din dins and precious time with the family.
Hope your Christmas is the best.

:x::x::x:

Baxter2

Good for you @JulietheMeezermum

I'm loving your positivity and enthusiasm for Christmas and so soon after major surgery! This is what life is about in our cancer world......making the very most of what we have and making it good! This is my fourth Christmas on chemo since diagnosis and I'm not just grateful but can't wait for all the fun! I was due to have chemo Boxing Day but I've postponed it until the 3rd Jan! Woohoo! I have my Christmas tree up and.most of the pressies bought. Bring it on!

Lots of love

Karen๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ s

JulietheMeezermum

Hi @george1960 and @Baxter2 . The more prepared we can be the better . Have a great Christmas and here's to many more :x::x: