Decembeard

Life with bowel cancer

natalie

Liver mets pain????

Hi has anyone on here suffered with pain from their liver mets I’m not sure if I’m just being a hypo if it’s just a bad back or if the pain is from them :x:

david watt

@Sean you can probably offer a better answer?

Kate M

Hi @natalie. I, too, get some twinges from my liver area which I assume to be from the mets. The onc tells me as the cancer grows it puts pressure on the capsule which causes the pain. Mine is just relatively minor stabbing sensation but he has given me some steroids which should relax the liver and reduce the pain if it gets to be a problem. So far, I have not needed them. KateM :x::x:

Sean

Hey @natalie the mets can def cause aches pains.. Not always to worry unless you feel it increasing to becoming uncomfortable. Do you take any pain meds? Sometimes I get slight pains after chemo/tabs. Which is the mets decreasing ;)

natalie

I only take paracetamol which seems enough at the minute, I can’t wait for the day they hopefully shrink damn things.thanks for reply

Quote from @Sean:
Hey @natalie the mets can def cause aches pains.. Not always to worry unless you feel it increasing to becoming uncomfortable. Do you take any pain meds? Sometimes I get slight pains after chemo/tabs. Which is the mets decreasing

Sean

@natalie No worries. Keep your head up. It'll work out.

determinedjoan

Hi @ Natalie, yes defo had discomfort & pain under right breast with liver mets, which decreased whilst on chemo (Folfiri) & was quite severe b4 liver Ablation. Was due to hv follow-up CT liver scan & appt at Uch Fri but both postponed until 7th Dec. Hoping discomfort now is due to healing process from liver & lung Ablations ...
Are u having any chemo or other treatments for liver mets ?
Hope paracetamol help :x:

Lawsey

Hi @natelie I had a solid lesion and did have a continual dull ache pain under the left rib with randon sharp pains under right - The lesion was on right side. When it was removed the pain stopped (and others started) I also wondered how much was real. But I now know it was. I dont take pain killers or anything as I like to think its the body communicating so far mine has been pretty accurate - difficult to live with :x::x:

ruthy

Hi @natalie, the pain could be from other things too. I have had pain off and on around my liver ever since my bowel op 3 years ago. I've never had liver Mets and have been told it's most likely adhesions in my case.

DianeS

Hi @natalie I totally agree with @ruthy. I have pains always my right side. When I walk too far it seems to start and I end up rubbing an area just below my rib cage. My scans have been clear so I’m presuming mine is likely to be adhesions too. Diane :x::x::x:

natalie

Due to start folfox just hoping bloods are ok as couldn’t have treatment last week, I just want it to work this time and they shrink enough for surgery x

Quote from @determinedjoan:
Hi @ Natalie, yes defo had discomfort & pain under right breast with liver mets, which decreased whilst on chemo (Folfiri) & was quite severe b4 liver Ablation. Was due to hv follow-up CT liver scan & appt at Uch Fri but both postponed until 7th Dec. Hoping discomfort now is due to healing process from liver & lung Ablations ...
Are u having any chemo or other treatments for liver mets ?
Hope paracetamol help

determinedjoan

Folfox excellent at shrinking liver mets. V best of luck with chemo & surgery. Keep us posted. Thinking of you & sending love 💗 & hugs 🤗 :x: