Decembeard

Life with bowel cancer

Alan C

You Don't know What's Around the Next Corner

Dear Mates Old and New
After loads of surgery, chemo,cyberknife, radiotherapy I am still here.
As one of the oldies and after nearly 7 years on this forum, some will know I have been struggling with a recurrence in the form of a spine tumour. I have been given an incredible piece of news. Surgeons in Edinburgh will be operating on 13th December, to try and remove as much tumour as possible and help me gain mobility and quality of life.
For me it’s just fantastic and I will work hard to get back on my feet and a brighter future. You just don’t know what’s around the next corner. Good luck to all here I will be thinking of all of you with Xmas on the horizon.
Alan :x::x:

terri m

Dear @Alan C .. What fantastic news.. Such a lovely xmas present. To know that you are having an amazing opereration. So you can spend many more xmases with your loved ones, and of course us on herexxx😘😘lots of love :x:

charleyb

Wow what an inspirational post! Wishing you so much luck with your op!! :x::x:

Calleyh

I was diagnosed last week. I only cried once, which was when I came in from having been told. Your good news caused the tears to flow again, but this time with happiness. Good on you for your bravery and no doubt many wise words to those of us who have come after. May you have many more years on here to help us.

Lirio345

That is brilliant news @Alan C, I hope it goes well and please stay in touch, Kim :x::x:

Lizalou

How exciting @Alan C . It seems that you are managing to keep just ahead of the game at each turn! It must feel both exhausting and rewarding. Thanks for your inspirational post :x:

Gypsy

Wonderful @Alan C. I'll be thinking of you. Love Gypayxx

Tiffany

Wow @Alan C.

Such great news for a Sunday - really happy to hear this. Best of luck for the op and wishing you a very speedy and successful recovery :x::x:

bettebette

That’s great news @Alan C! What amazing news for you 😊
Very, very best wishes for the 13th, thinking of you and sending lots of good positive vibes xx 👍🏻👏⭐️

Salgal

@Alan C just brilliant news for you, best of luck for the op in the 13th 💪🏻💪🏻👍🏻 :x::x:

Baxter2

Hi @Alan C

I'm so happy to read your news knowing you e been struggling for a while.

I hope everything goes well on the 13th and hope you'll manage the next Edinburgh meet to tell us all about it!

Lots of love and very best wishesto you both

Karen💜💛❤️💙💚

Polly 1

Great news @Alan C

I must admit I was worried when I saw your name on the post but good to read it's positive news. All the best for 13th - we will be thinking about you :x::x::x:

Highkaren

@Alan C ...fantastic news...onwards and upwards :x::x:

angepange

Hi @Alan C . Long time no see! That is brilliant news and I wish you all the best with the next step. :x::x::x:

mem

Hi @Alan C. 7 years is inspiring and thankyou for sharing with us.
Sending love and I wish you all the best for 13th :x::x:

GD62

marvellous news :)