Decembeard

Life with bowel cancer

Pitstop

So......it’s been 5 years!

5 years ago yesterday I was diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer having been admitted to hospital as an emergency. Since then I’ve had a lot of operations, microwave ablation, cyto-reductive surgery, HIPEC & lots of chemo. I’m telling you this because although there have been tough times, there have been many really great times too 😊! I’ve met some amazing people during this time that I wouldn’t have met had I not had cancer! So, if you’ve been diagnosed as stage 4 & you are beside yourself with worry, push on with your treatment & enjoy life as much as you can!! Loads of love & hugs to all of you living with this awful disease
😘😘 :x::x::x:

Clancy

@Pitstop, I have just re-read your profile, you have coped with so much. You must have some steely determination. What an achievement. Sending love.:x::x:

El Ivan

Fantastic news @Pitstop! Here’s to the next five 😃:x::x:

Sasa

Go girl @Pitstop that’s amazing! Let us know your tips for doing so well!

Sarah :x:

terri m

Lovely to hear positive news again @Pitstop . you give hope to us all . There are a few of you on this forum smashing 5 years, so heres to the next 5🍾🍹 :x::x::x:

bogongbelle

Big congrats @Pitstop ! As a year 1 Stage 4, news like yours gives me great hope for the future, especially as I feel so well. Haven’t had nearly your list of surgeries, but you’ve made it through! Have a very Merry Christmas 🎄🍾🎉

george1960

@Pitstop inspirational and belief :x::x:

EssexDan

This is brilliant and you are awesome!

HappyAtom

@Pitstop you are a bloody legend, as they say in my part of the world 😀 much respect. Xx 💋

Lawsey

You are a very strong women. Hat off to you. Lots of love

SMR

@Pitstop you’ve made my heart smile 💖😀 Great positive attitude. My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 in Oct 2014 and he has battled so much and still battling on. He’s my hero ❣️

DSussex

@Pitstop congrat’s and what a heart warming, positive life story. As someone possibly at the beginning of the CRC journey, your’s helps a great deal. :x::x:

EssexDan

Awesome news mate. Heres to a great christmas for you and your family.

angepange

Oh @Pitstop , I’m so happy to see your post . You have been such a trooper and it has been a pleasure and honour to have ‘met’ you. Loads and loads of love and a massive hug.:x::x::x::x:

steve707

Congratulations @Pitstop here's to the next 5,.Have a wonderful christmas.:x::x:

determinedjoan

Heartfelt congratulations @Pitstop ! Enjoy celebrating this milestone- v well done 👍 u & thanks 4 posting- just the lift & inspiration I needed to go on battling this bloody disease with further treatments ! :x:

Chelts

Brilliant!! Gives me and others on here hope.

lilmil

Super news well done your amazing and so positive @Pitstop such an inspirational post. 😘💗 merry Christmas 🎄🎅🎉

GJ

Great news makes me happy with all these inspiring stories.🌻

lorraine grant

Great to read the story. Was diagnosed with stage 4 in May 2018 and getting first operation on 10th January. Been a long time coming but I'm determined to last 5 plus years.......