General Discussion

Yvonne

Post eLAPE recovery similar to APR

Hi, I’m almost 5 weeks post op and not doing anything much! I still can’t sit, I have issues with perineal wound, lots of inflammation, having a wee and stabbing pains in one of the laparoscopic ports (the biggest, which is finding it difficult to heal). GP again today who wants to do more blood tests. So much pain and discomfort despite pain management.  I’m beginning to find this difficult to cope with. Has anyone had a similar experience? 

george1960

I had an APR but after week 6 felt better and week 8 was even better after three months could say I felt better and slept better be patient. I will happen :x::x:

Yvonne

Thanks george1960 that’s encouraging. Were you advised to use any pain relief directly on the wounds/scars on your Butt?

george1960

I was told to take the pain killers Paracetamol and Liquid Morphine. Once the scar have no scabs use something like Bio Oil. Yeah to weeing will get better don't forget you have had major surgery tubes inserted for drains, Belly expanded with gas etc. Your get there just be patient.
Just think by Christmas your wonder what the fuss is about.
Don't try and miss pain killers your body will tell you when you longer require them, when I took the paracetamol and morphine both helped also had to take another tablet for helping the nerve in my body cannot remember the name of them.

:x::x:

george1960

Pregabalin.thats the other one.

:x::x:

Yvonne

Thanks again George. All good with pain management. I’ve had a really bad night. Barby butt scar is really inflamed and it’s been keeping me awake because it’s so sore and uncomfortable. I took an extra ibuprofen in the middle of the night which helped a bit so I’m trying to think what to do next. I see the surgeon post op on Tuesday. No one seems to be able to treat any of the symptoms and I’m desperate for some relief. :x::x:

Yvonne

Seeing surgeon today. Managed to get a cancellation. Feels as my new butt is on fire. :x::x:

pippajane

Hi @Yvonne
I had APR 10/9/18 , 12 weeks ago
I found the most painful time was at about 4-6 weeks and all my pain was in the perineal wound area, couldn’t sit or even lie in bed comfortably
It does slowly improve so hang in there
You will soon be through the worst :x::x:

DianeS

Hi @Yvonne hope you has a good appointment with your surgeon, and are feeling better. Diane :x::x::x:

Yvonne

Hi @pippajane, you’ve been on a tough journey yourself a and I’m grateful for your encouragement. You’re right about perineal pain and I’m looking forward to this decreasing in time. What helped you the most in terms of pain relief? :x::x:

Yvonne

Thanks @DianeS, yes the Surgeon was happy with everything but I still can’t come to terms with the fire in my butt especially as it’s worse when I’m trying to sleep at night and continues to happen post appointment. I should have some blood test results which the GP requested next week re inflammation, liver and B12. I just wonder whether anyone else has experienced this? :x::x:

DianeS

Hi @Yvonne just wondering how you are doing? Love Diane :x:

Yvonne

Thanks for thinking of me @DianeS, the surgeon didn’t explain the continued discomfort with the perineum and rectal scar and just wanted to give me amytriptaline which puts the rectal nerve to sleep. That’s not the road I want to go down. My discomfort makes sense now that I’ve researched phantom rectum. So I’ve tried some relief suggestions with some success. So I’m beginning to move around and can see some more improvements. Still early days yet but I am hopeful that that phantom rectum will disappear in time. Burning has stopped! Anyway hugs to you. :x::x:

DianeS

Aaaaah so pleased you are feeling better @Yvonne and hope things continue to improve. G hugs to you too :x::x::x::x::x: