Decembeard

Stage 4 bowel cancer

Tony Tee

Better news.......

Some better news (finally....!). Had mtg with oncologist yesterday to be informed that post 3 sessions of palliative chemo (half way thru) CEA markers had shown 50% reduction which in her opinion indicates chemo is working. This is welcome news since I have 5 v.small mets on liver (one v.close to main blood vessel) + liver team at B'stoke is NOW saying if this carries on then surgery is an option. I'm not out of the woods yet but I do feel I can at least look forward to Christmas now. Thanks to those on this forum who have provided PHENOMENAL support so far......you know who you are! xxx
PS don't give up hope.......I was in a pretty dreadful place a few weeks back........

Tony Tee
Quote from @determinedjoan:
Sooo plsd 4 u @Tony Tee ; relax & enjoy Christmas now x v well done πŸ‘ u !

:x::x::x:

Tony Tee
Quote from @Gypsy:
God Bless you @Tony Tee (and I know I can say this with confidence to you). I am so happy today to read this. Lots of love for a great Christmas with your lovely family.

Thanks Cath......you really helped me turn the corner a few weeks back...... :x::x::x:

Tony Tee
Quote from @bettebette:
Good news @Tony Tee 😊 here’s to continuing good results πŸ‘πŸ»

I thinks it's going to b a long journey but I just feel a lot better in myself......thank God for an amazing wife (of almost 30 yrs!)…...:x:

Tony Tee
Quote from @GD62:
Good luck @Tony Tee have a great xmas

Thank you kind sir!

bettebette

@Tony Tee to have the weight lifted for a while is such a good thing.
Hurrah for your wife too 😳 :x::x:

charleyb

Brilliant brilliant news!!! keep on keeping on :x::x::x:

paul

Very nice to hear
Paul

Tony Tee
Quote from @charleyb:
Brilliant brilliant news!!! keep on keeping on

Tony Tee
Quote from @paul:
Very nice to hear
Paul

Thanks Paul

helena

Lovely uplifting news to read @Tony Tee :x::x:

Tony Tee
Quote from @helena:
Lovely uplifting news to read @Tony Tee

Thanks Helena. It's the first glimmer of hope I've had since Aug...….just crap news after crap news + I don't even look ill....! T :x:

helena

This so called journey is sβ˜†β˜†β˜† and it's so encouraging to read good news - it gives us all a lift on the dark days so πŸ‘πŸ‘ to you and keep on keeping on! :x::x:

Tiffany

@Tony Tee.

Fab news xx Really glad this has lifted your spirits and you can now try to enjoy Xmas and making memories with your lovely family :x::x::x:

Tony Tee

Hi Tiffany...….small steps but upwards rather than downwards.
PS Enjoying the juicing......pref the fruit juices over the veggie ones tho so need to get more veg juices/smoothies down! Cut out a lot of sugary stuff which is tuff...…..also trying to cut back on dairy......again not easy......T

Tony Tee
Quote from @helena:
This so called journey is sβ˜†β˜†β˜† and it's so encouraging to read good news - it gives us all a lift on the dark days so πŸ‘πŸ‘ to you and keep on keeping on!

You're right Helena it is a shit journey...….exacerbated (for me) by all the Christmas "goodwill" etc......I'm married with a teenage son so have to fight for my little family :x:

Gypsy

Hi @Tony Tee . But we do not know other people's struggles, just that there are a lot of them about and many 'painted smiles' out there. :x::x::x:

Tony Tee

That 's so true Cath......tbh there's no way anyone looking at me would/could know/guess my current problems......I look the same as I did pre-Aug diagnosis...….unfortunately I have lost that Tony "spark". :x:

bettebette

It’s still in there @Tony Tee - your spark - just on a slightly lower watt bulb than normal 🌟
A friend asked me what would give me an β€˜oomph’, I said perhaps being able to go and listen to a band and dance all night; we are off to see T-Rextasy next Fri (yes - a tribute band 😁) here’s to the magical dancing sparkle (mixing my glam rock references: Bowie/Starman β€œif we sparkle he may come tonight... β€œ πŸ€©πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸŽ€)

Tony Tee

ha ha.....you're my kinda party girl.....big Bowie.....and Queen fan......and yes you can throw in a bit of T-Rex/Marc B while you're there......oh and a bit of ABBA/Dancing Queen if I feel like camping it up/ embarrassing my son (ha ha!)….do miss going out strutting myself......still in good shape for a middle aged guy (despite the crap situation I find myself in).....I need to get back out there! :x:

bettebette

Make yourself an upbeat Spotify list - it will be a tonic (for the troops) and a step back to being out there! 🌟