Life beyond bowel cancer

Baxter2

My very best CT scan yet!!!

Hello forum friends,

I can't wait to share this with you all as I believe we all need positive good news stories to give us hope and optimism.

I had my routine 3 month CT scan today and the tiny remaining liver met is now, 'barely visible'. The comment at the end of the report says: 'Ongoing good response. No evidence of new disease'

This is the best scan result I've ever had over the last 3 and a half years! I've also just realised this is my fourth Christmas on chemotherapy! Bring on Folfiri and Cetuximab no. 54 and bring on Christmas!!! Both myself and Oncologist happy to continue on this treatment. Suddenly, all the annoying side effects and fatigue pale into insignificance!

Sending love and my very best wishes to you all as well as huge thanks for all the amazing support I've had since joining the forum.

KarenπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™β€οΈ

Ange1974

Just brilliant , u can go have a fab Christmas with your gorgeous family .
thanks for posting I’m sure it gives everyone a boost :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you so much @sallyjt @lottie77 @springer michelle and @Ange1974 I'll certainly have a great Christmas I'm sure and hope you all do too!

Thank you for your very kind words @Lee1974 I really do appreciate you taking the time to leave such a lovely comment.

Lots of love to you all.....and as Lee says, 'Keep on keepin' on'!

KarenπŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’›

LynneW

@Baxter2 , I am late to the party, but I had to tell you how wonderful to hear such good news. You certainly deserve all the luck that is possible. We all love to hear anything encouraging. Best of luck and enjoy your Christmas.
LynneW :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Ahh, thank you @LynneW

That's very kind of you. I hope you have a lovely Christmas too. I certainly intend to! Watching g 'Elf' just now. πŸŒ²β˜ƒοΈβ„οΈ

Lots of love

Karen πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’›

Sean

yessssssssssssssssss ;). Have a brilliant Christmas K.:x:

Adnyl

I don't often venture into this part of the forum, so have only just seen type update. What fabulous news Karen. So pleased for you :x::x:

Linda

@Baxter2, fantastic news, so pleased for you :x::x:

cant believe it

Just seen this fantastic news , it lovely to read :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Awww, thanks so much @Sean .....fingers crossed 🀞 for good results for you too! @Adnyl thank you too! Hope your next chemo is more tolerable! @Linda thank you! Hope your chemo is going well? It will soon be done and dusted! @cant believe it thank you! I've everything crossed for you guys on. Monday! 🀞I'm certain there will be a good solution here!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Loads of love

KarenπŸ’›πŸ’œβ€οΈπŸ’™πŸ’š

jinnyp

@Baxter2 I can’t believe I missed this!! Am so happy for you, you have been an inspiration to me since I first came on this forum - it’s fantastic news!!!
Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas and can’t wait to see the pics of the new puppy 🐢.....
Lots of love, Jane :x::x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

Aww, thank you so much @jinnyp !

Hope you and yours have a great Christmas too!!

My puppy went back to the 'breeder' the day after I got her. It's a long story but all good. I shall resume my search in the New Year!

Lots of love,

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’šβ€οΈπŸ’™

Gypsy

Oh @Baxter2. I'm sorry about the puppy but you will find your forever dog in the New Year!!! :x::x::x::x::x:

bogongbelle

Yay @Baxter2 ! What great news! You’ll certainly be able to celebrate Christmas with a smile - and maybe a bit of the fizzy stuff as well. 2 weeks since my last scan and β€œall stable”, so I’m a bit chuffed as well. Have a fantastic Christmas with your family and I’ll think of all you northern hemisphere folks as I tuck into the prawns, lobster and pavlova. Enjoy! Love πŸ’• and hugs, Sue

Baxter2

Thanks @bobonbelle! Brilliant news for you too! We'll certainly have something to celebrate this Christmas! Hope you have a lovely time!

@Gypsy, yup! I'm still looking!

Love to you both

KarenπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈ

dennis

Great news :x::x::x::x:

Wren17

Wonderful news @Baxter2 , enjoy Christmas and new year :x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you @dennis Hope your chemo is going well?

Thank you @Wren17 I hope your pain is under control?

Wishing you both a Happy Christmas and New Year!

Lots of love,

KarenπŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’›

Elisa76

Brilliant Karen, well done you!!!
:x:

Dan-888

such wonderful news for Christmas, Karen @Baxter2 !!!
so pleased to come back to pick this news up!
all the best!
Dan

Baxter2

Awww, thank you @Dan-888 You're a gem!

Hope you have a great Christmas!

Lots of love

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈ