Share your experiences and help shape the services we offer in the future. Click here to take part in our survey today.

Life beyond bowel cancer

poshbird

2 year scans......discharged!

Hi all, not been on here for a while, been trying to get some normality with life. Well, saw my Surgeon today for 2nd year scan results and so pleased I have been given the all clear and discharged with the option to contact my team if needed. I am so relieved.
I have got a large gallstone that has been giving me some trouble but will be having that sorted in the New Year. I just want to say a massive thank you to all of you that helped me on my journey. I started it thinking dreadful thoughts, mood swings, lots of surgery and problems but you all carried me through and I am so grateful. I hope any newbies that are reading this will get comfort and reassurance like I did. Once again, thank you. :x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

bettebette

Great news @poshbird!
Well done and upward and onwards! 😊

Calleyh

As a newbie heading in to see the surgeon for the first time seven hours from now, your post does help. I’m hoping it’s going to be a “caught it early” situation for me but it’s so hard to deal with as I’ve no immediate family. Wonderful people on this site are so supportive and I’m very grateful.

Lirio345

Brilliant news @poshbird, and good luck with that gall stone! Take very good care, Kim :x::x:

charleyb

Amazing @poshbird time for a wonderful xmas :x::x::x::x:

brighty08

Wonderful news @poshbird. So pleased - enjoy your Christmas. Take care :x::x:

Lizalou

Great news @poshbird.
But do stick with us if you want. Some of us needed a bit of a boost when we heard that the medics were no longer interested in us.....it's a weird feeling!

Gypsy

Brilliant news @poshbird.:x::x:

mem

Wonderful news @poshbird ☺️🎉 :x::x:

poshbird

I will still pop on now and again to see how everyone is and to offer support.. :x::x::x::x:

Kareno62

That’s great news @poshbird :x:

DianeS

Such brilliant news @poshbird and what an amazing time to receive it. Have a wonderful
Christmas love Diane :x::x::x::x::x:

ElaineG

Fantastic news @poshbird. Such a great Christmas present for you and your family. :x::x:

GD62

Marvellous news @poshbird good luck :x:

Wren17

Lovely news @poshbird - all the very best :x::x:

LynneW

Great news @poshbird, enjoy your Christmas. When I had gallstones I changed/reduced the fat in my diet and it helped me enormously.
Best of luck :x::x::x:

Sasa

Hoo-bloody-ray! Wow well done! All the best for an well deserved celebratory Christmas for you and Les.

Sarah :x:

springer michelle

Well done you. Now take care :x::x:

palace1960

That's brilliant news @poshbird - you can now have a fantastic Christmas and look forward to the New Year cheers Ron :x::x:

Tiffany

@poshbird

Really fantastic news :x::x::x:

island girl

@poshbird , that’s flipping fantastic. I’m sure you’ll have a very merry Christmas 🍾🥂🍾 :x::x::x::x: