Life beyond bowel cancer

suze

12 years on

I guess some of you might still remember me.
Sadly many of the regulars I started in here with are literally no longer with us, unlike me. I am still alive but do not hang out in here.
Obviously cancer never stops finding new recruits and it is good to see the forum still functions.

You might like to know my good news. You can see the short-version of my life with cancer in my profile.
I was 48 when diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, advanced to ovaries, liver and lungs. I had a lot of treatment and was very strict with my self-care. Currently cancer free.
I turned 60 this year. Lucky lady!
Celebrated by cycling up Mont Ventoux in.the dark, to see the sunrise over the Alps. I’ve also started doing 10 mile time trials on my bike. Who’d a thought that 12 years ago. I still have a miserable time with my guts most days, but life goes on well enough.
Merry Christmas to you all and try to stay optimistic about what 2019 might bring.

It’s easy to add pictures so I added one of my with my sister and my mum, who is also a bowel cancer survivor who used these forums in the past.

Polly 1

Blimey @Dan-888 !!!!! Good photo but I can see your hair hasn't moved 🙃

SariDaffs

@Dan-888, that is so funny and made me laugh over my morning cup of tea😀 We spend so much time in the bathroom - but I have never thought of doing that!!! Lol😀 Sarah :x::x:

angepange

Haha @Dan-888 , brilliant!:x::x:

Dan-888

Thank you all! But I must return this thread to @suze ! Should never have side tracked with that photo! Sorry, Suze!

@Sparkles wonderful to hear from you! I must go walk-about on here to try and pick up on more of your fun posts! Although I didn't do any Photo editing I have serious doubts I could ever become your hero!

@Polly 1 , you do have sharp eyes! ;) Now you've made me admit it's actually a toupee. < SIGH! > I could have used a ton of hair spray a la Trump, but I care for our ozone layer!

Great to hear from you, @SariDaffs ! Hopefully I didn't disrupt your breakfast any more! Yes, indeed! I have been having too many redecorating ideas while in the smallest room! I have installed a whisper-quiet but extra capacity extractor though as it can get a bit ripe ... :o

U gorra 'ave a 'larff @angepange ! :) Hope you are keeping well? We should get a London meet happening in the spring?

Oh. If you look in that mirror you will see a camera case reflected, as it's hung around my neck. That will give you a final clue as to how I took that photo!

Michele

Hi@Suze, I rarely come on to the forum these days but so happy I did today. Lovely to see your post and gives hope to us all. Lovely pictures and wow @Dan-888. Happy 2019 to all :x::x:

Michele

Hi @angepange , how are you? I just read your latest news and fantastic news it is. I am three and half years in now so am down to yearly CEA's. I like the idea of @Dan-888 London meet up. :):)

cyclingjohnny

wow some journey you had, fantastic news keep up the cycling, all the best john xxx.

GD62

marvellous :x::x::x:

angepange

Hi @Michele ! I think there’s a few who would go for London. I’ve missed the last few because of work. Can anyone think of a nice venue? Anyway, I really hope you are doing well Michele and it’s nice to ‘virtually ‘ see you!!:x::x::x:

Dan-888
Quote from @Michele
Lovely pictures and wow @Dan-888. Happy 2019 to all

Thank you 😄😄😄! Hope you are well?

Quote from @Michele:
Hi @angepange , I like the idea of @Dan-888 London meet up.
Quote from @angepange:
Hi @Michele ! I think there’s a few who would go for London. I’ve missed the last few because of work. Can anyone think of a nice venue?

It'll be worthwhile starting a new post re: a London social, asking for names and for suggestions of dates, times and venues?

Michele

Hi @Dan-888 &@angepange , I am working full time again. I live in Brighton so am able (if southern rail can get their act together) to get to London easily. I work in a school for half terms and Saturdays are what I can do. Shall we think about the spring? I forgot how addictive the forum is!!!!

suze

And the veritable cerise au gateau: my 5 year colonoscopy this week was clean as a whistle not even a bit of diverticulitis!
Whoop.
Though hearing my surgeon run though its general condition after two resections, radiation and chemotherapy she says she’s not surprised that I I am stuck with the extreme toilet needs. My first scar is very very very close to my anus, my rectum is inflexible the whole thing is pretty short and the ileo-ceacal valve is missing.

Still. This is as nothing compared to the daily joy of life. Live it, folk, we only get the one!

Karen17

Fantastic news @suze. Thanks for updating - it's great to hear positive stories. Well done :x::x:

charleyb

Brill well done @suze :x::x::x:

KarenE

Brilliant news @suze :x::x:

bettebette

Great news @suze 😊🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Missi

Fantastic news @suze :x::x:

terri m

Lovely to hear good news again :x::x::x:

Gypsy

Such brilliant and inspirational news!