Share your experiences and help shape the services we offer in the future. Click here to take part in our survey today.

Relatives and friends

fultime

Is this the end?

Our son has been in hospital just over a month now he had 5 days of radiotherapy on whole of brain for brain mets plus on his pelvis and ribs. He became very ill about 4 days later and it was found that his createnin levels were 600 and he was near kidney failure. The reason was the bowel tumours were pressing on the bladder and for some time only part of his urine was expelled the rest was trapped and what they drained off with a catheter looked like treacle. They said the next 24 hours were touch and go for him but he improved and createnin levels dropped to normal. Since this happened his oncologist has now said he can't have chemotherapy now as its so toxic for kidneys and will kill him, they will review in 8 weeks. They have increased his morphine which is via a pump in his hand plus patches for nerve pain but he is still having period of severe bone pain.They have arranged for a bed to be delivered at his home plus McMillan nurse and are sending him home tomorrow. We can't ask him too much but we are so worried they are sending him home to die, could they not try biological or immune therapy if they can't now treat him with chemo. Every time he gets near to starting treatment something happens to stop it and its 3 months since stage 4 diagnosis of aggressive colorectal cancer with liver, lung, bone and brain mets so another 8 weeks it will have grown more. He is already bed bound, has lost hand and eye coordination, bowel and bladder incontinent as he can't feel when he needs to go. Watching him get rapidly worse over these 3 months is nothing short of torture. We would like to speak to his doctors but we have been told we can't due to confidentiality. We need someone to be honest with us, has our son any chance? He's 42 and it feels like not enough is being done to help him and we feel so helpess.

Hans

@fultime = I am so sorry to hear about your loss - it is terrible for you all and I pray that you all have peace now after your son's release from pain and suffering. He was so young and had a good life to lead - so tragically cut short. (I really think its worse for those left behind) You have really moved me
God Bless
Hans :x:

Sarah Morgan

@fultime, so desperately sorry to hear about your son. Sending love and prayers to you all :x::x:

Christine

@fultime, my heart is full of sadness for you. I will light a candle for your boy now and hope it shines for you too.
Love and deep respect for you all
Christine :x::x::x:

Highkaren

@fultime Im So sorry and sad to read this. Sending you much love through the darkest times :x::x:

GD62

Hello @fultime so sorry to read about your son passing away. Sending you deepest condolences and much love :x:

pippajane

So very sorry to read this @fulltime
It’s so hard to understand why the good are taken so early
Prayers of strength to you all :x:

Clancy

So very sorry @fultime.:x::x:

brighty08

I’m so sorry. Sending love to you and your family. Thinking of you all. :x::x::x:

Cathy13

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, as others have said, at least he is no longer suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with you all :x::x:

Rockford

Hi@fulltime
So sorry to hear this awful news.
Cancer kills so many people at any age.
Remember the happy times with your son and stay strong for him.
God Bless
Steve.
:x::x:

Wren17

So sorry to read your post . My thoughts are with you :x::x:

KatieR

I am so very sad to read your news @fultime
Life is so very cruel .. You are in our thoughts and Prayers
Cath :x::x:

Daffodil

I’m so sorry @fultime , I can’t imagine how painful this is for you. Sending you hugs and special prayers at this dreadful time. :x::x:

DianeS

So very sad @fultime, my thoughts are with you :x::x::x::x:

nat

I’m sorry to read this and you are in my thoughts.To be taken so young is so cruel :x:

GWA1974

@fultime I'm so sorry to hear about your son. It's unbearable to watch someone you love go through so much suffering.
We managed to get my Dad home on the 20th of December and spent Xmas with him...he passed on the 2nd January. A hole opened up in my world and it can't be filled again. I know acutely the pain you are feeling...it's indescribable. Reaching out a loving hand to you from one broken heart to another :x::x::x::x::x::x:

ElaineG

@fultime my thoughts and prayers are with you at this most darkest of times for you. 🙏❤️

Hollyhock

@fultime i’m so terribly sorry to hear of your devastating loss. There is nothing I can say to take away the pain and emptiness you must be feeling but I am thinking of you and sending you lots of strength and love to get through the coming weeks and months. Try and take care of yourself as much as you can, grief is utterly exhausting. Love and hugs❤️

sweetcheeks

@fultime , devastating news , I’m so very sorry for your loss :x::x::x::x::x:

Dan-888
Quote from @fultime:
Our boy has gone

I am so, so sad and sorry to have just read this, @fultime . The greater our love the deeper our grief.
No words but lots of {{{ HUGS }}}

Just me. Dan