Share your top tops on diet + lifestyle for our new booklet.
Find out more here.

Life with bowel cancer

lujabuck

Christmas bubble burst

I have been so fortunate to have had a treatment break falling over Christmas. I have felt so well I have given forgetting all about Cancer a pretty good go.
However despite me still being on holiday the nhs obviously aren't (which is amazing!) .....so yesterday and today have been alsorts of phone calls giving me appointments and generally getting me back in the system for ops in January. I know it needs to happen and I know its good but honestly it's knocked my duck off and I feel.....i don't know what....cross? Grumpy? Sad? Moany? Hmph.
So appointment with surgein on 4th (day after I throw my son a 10th birthday party) and we'll see where we go from there.

Lirio345

Oh I so understand what you mean @lujabuck, but it is great that you have been able to recharge your batteries over the Christmas period. You are absolutely entitled to feel grumpy about all of the hospital contact, although you would probably feel grumpy if they hadn’t phoned you!! It our prerogative to express whatever emotion we want to ........ and then we have to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves down again ..... 🙂. Take very good care, Kim :x::x:

Lawsey

Dear @lujabuck sympathy by the bucket load. It is not a sweet reality all this cancer treatment. Very tough. But it is good they are moving forward with treatment. They care about you and want you to survive and thrive.
All strength to you and happy 10th birthday to your dear son
:x::x::x:

Bear G

I think we can all empathise with you @lujabuck but as you’ve said, it’s really a necessary thing. The sooner you get these appointments under your belt the sooner you can get on the front foot and start to take the cancer on!
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

Lizalou

Lots of sympathy from me too @lujabuck . But perhaps look at it as a set of New Year resolutions. And don't forget to add in some fun resolutions too....days out, catching up with friends, or just some quiet days in with the family around you.

Hugs :x::x:

GD62

Hi @lujabuck

Yes it is a very difficult time too and at least you have your appointments and they will be positive outcomes. I was in hospital last Christmas with 12 hours surgery to remove peritoneal tumours and bowel resection, and away from family and friends, but the benefit has prolonged my life and so grateful to Christies and NHS for that, but this year I was working in a walk in centre for NHS in Manchester, so we go on keeping on..lolx

Good luck :x:

lujabuck

Thanks all!!! Really appreciate the sympathy. No. 1 news years resolution.....get rid of this Cancer. Who knows I may achieve in in the first month! We'll see, it'll certainly get a good pasting then. :x: