Life beyond bowel cancer

terri m

Follow up colonoscopy

On the 11th January My 2nd colonoscopy is due.. (Dreading it😣) but I am hooing my lovely surgeon does the procedure. I understand that polyps can be found during this, but what else are they actually looking for? Also is there any other drink apart from that awful Movi-prep.. I found drinking that awful stuff worse then the scope itself last time....
I would like to wish each & everyone of you on this fab forum A wonderful, healthy, & a hopeful 2019.. Love & hope to you all :x::x::x::x:

pippajane

Picolax ice cold is fine
Ask for it

terri m

Hi @Bear G . what probkems coukd iccur with the join area?? Could another cancer develop there😕 :x::x:

Bear G

Hi @terri m
Please don’t worry, it’s a routine check to make sure it’s all ok.
For example, mine started to tighten a bit (like scars can do), and needed stretching.
But most often it’s fine.
:x::x:

RT54

Hi @terri m,
I,ve had a flexi sigmoidoscopy a couple of weeks ago to check out some bleeding. I have diverculitis anyways but they also found blood coming from the join too.No obvious recurrence seen so I was mightily relieved tbh.Not sure what's going to happen with the join though and am waiting for the surgeons review of the pictures etc.
Thought the procedure was an absolute doddle compared to a colonoscopy!

terri m

Thank you slk fot your suggestions... I recieved my moviprep this morning... Not looking forward to this awful. diet prior to it, and having to starve before hand😐.. I am suffering with awful bloating atm and back pain. Worrying what it could be but my CEA was fine in november, & clear scan in August.. Can reocurrence be picked up during colonoscopy?? I was going to ring my team has I feel so uncomfortable in my tummy, but thought perhaps best ti get col.. Colonoscopy out the way first.. What do you think ??? :x::x::x:

Bear G

Hi @terri m
Apologies for the brief note but if you’re worried please do call your team today. Hopefully they can reassure you so you can focus on the colonoscopy, but if they think you need to see a doc then the sooner the better!

terri m
Quote from @Bear G:
Hi @terri m
Apologies for the brief note but if you’re worried please do call your team today. Hopefully they can reassure you so you can focus on the colonoscopy, but if they think you need to see a doc then the sooner the better!

Thank you @Bear G . I have just rang my colerectal nurse now,. She has advised me to take some laxido for my constipation, & she saud she will speak to me friday before my colonoscopy to see how I am then.... :x::x::x::x:

Karen17

Hi @terri m. Have you tried peppermint tea for the bloating and wind? I don't have any tips for the Moviprep as I've always had Picolax. The good news is the colonoscopy should be much quicker as there's less bowel to examine. Good luck next week :x::x:

Bear G

Glad that was helpful @terri m , hopefully that should quickly relieve things. The pre-scope diet may actually help too.
Apologies again it was a short message earlier, was on the hoof!

helena

I had an aborted colonoscopy in February @terri m because I hadn't been able to drink enough of the dreaded KleanPrep so I had to have ANOTHER 3 months later and the nurses told me that if I added a little Robinson's Barley Water to the mix and sook a Fox's Glacier Mint from time to time then it would make it more palatable second time round and it definately helped. I really wish I knew before so maybe this would help you too? I hope all goes well on the 11th. Hugs, Helena :x::x::x:

terri m
Quote from @helena:
I had an aborted colonoscopy in February @terri m because I hadn't been able to drink enough of the dreaded KleanPrep so I had to have ANOTHER 3 months later and the nurses told me that if I added a little Robinson's Barley Water to the mix and sook a Fox's Glacier Mint from time to time then it would make it more palatable second time round and it definately helped. I really wish I knew before so maybe this would help you too? I hope all goes well on the 11th. Hugs, Helena

Thank you @helena @Karen17 .. I will def try the peppermint tea, & the barley water to the exciting movi-prep.. Happy new year to you both :x::x:

helena

Happy new year to you too @terri m :x::x::x:

Karen17

Happy New Year from me too @terri m :x::x:

terri m

Hi all.. Today is my start of no solid food. I take the old Movi-prep at 5 & 8..
I love my food,so I have decided that I will stay at home in my room So I cant think about it lol. It seems such along time to go without anything until tomorrow afternoon...
Anyway it has to be done.. Good luck to all of you who are having tests. & waiting for results :x::x::x:

DianeS

Hi @terri m how’s it going? Are you still in your room lol? Best of luck for tomorrow, hope all goes well for you love Diane :x::x:

terri m

Hi @DianeS .. I am on the loo lol.. Thought I may has well stay here now, has that movi prep is working well.🤗. I am going to take my 2nd lot at 8. Thank you for thinking of me. . Fingers crossed for your results xxx😘

DianeS

It’s the volume that you have to drink that bothers me, I get so fed up drinking it. It’s like a bottomless well! Best of luck with the colonoscopy, hope the results are good. I went to my oncologist app today, walking into the room for results is so horrible, I get so scared. Good news though, NED, and next scan in 6 months, what a relief. Hope you get some sleep tonight, best of luck, love D :x::x::x::x:

terri m

Thats fabulous news @DianeS . I am so pleased for you.. Hope you treat yourself to something nice.. Your family must be over the moon... Congratulations!!! :x::x::x:

DianeS

A glass of wine and a few choccies are my aim @terri m :x::x::x::x::x:

Karen17
Quote from @DianeS:
A glass of wine and a few choccies are my aim @terri m

That'll be you too tomorrow night @terri m🍷 Good luck for tomorrow :x::x::x::x:

Great news @DianeS. Enjoy your wine and chocs ... well deserved 😄 :x::x: