Relatives and friends

jefferswife

Worst news today

My wonderful , brave , strong hubby was given the news that we were dreading today that his cancer has not responded to any of the treatment he has been given and it is spreading aggressively and that he will only have months left to live. Although we knew it w as incurable nothing prepares you for this news and I apologise for posting such sad news ones years eve but I ferociously and alone and only we in the same situation truly understand. :x::x:

terri m

It seems so unfair @jefferswife you are going through this right now, but thinking of you and sending you lots of strength & hope for 2019 :x::x::x:

ElaineG

Iโ€™m so sad to hear this. Thereโ€™s no words.Hugs and prayers to you both ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

sweetcheeks

@jefferswife ...โ€ I call my Geoff Geoffers .... Iโ€™m so sorry to read your post my heart goes out to you both :x::x::x::x::x::x:

Chas

Devastating news, my prayers will be for you both. :x::x:

ElaineG

@jefferswife Iโ€™m so sad to hear this and truly feel for you. Weโ€™re out with long time friends for New Year BUT I d feel alone. Until you are in the cancer world no one truly understands. Love & prayers to you xxx๐Ÿ™

george1960

@jefferswife So sad and hate the disease even more but try and be strong and never give up hope. Cherish every moment every kiss every cuddle, make the most of every thing together. Make time matter for your memories so that they can last a lifetime. Above all make sure you talk to each other cos your both feeling the same.
Sending some extra hugs and love feeling for you

:x::x::x:

Lirio345

I am so sorry to hear this @jefferswife, sending huge hugs, Kim :x::x:

Gypsy

All my love and support as best I can, @jefferswife . Such hard, hard news at the start of a new year. Gypsyxxxx

Lizalou

I'm so sorry @jefferswife .

Please do use all the support you can get. Sometimes it seems that the partner is always expected to be strong and brave, when they are suffering at least as much. I really hope you have good friends and family around you but we are all here too.
Hugs :x::x:

xSazx

I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you. Love and best wishes :x:

lynn collier

Iโ€™m so sorry please keep Hoping so many new treatments come on the scene :x::x::x:

milo

So sorry to read your news my thoughts and prayers are with you both . Sending you love and hugs :x::x:

jefferswife

You are all such amazing people to offer support and take the time to rep!y on new years day . Thank you al! from the bottom of my heart and wishing you all a good 2019. The oncologist has offered Jeff lonsurf as a final treatment option in the hope it may give him a bit more time and I wondered if anyone had experience of taking lonsurf :x::x:

Salgal

Hi @jefferswife I was so sorry to read your news, but have just seen that Jeff has been offered a treatment plan ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Which is great to hear, I donโ€™t have any experience of this but Iโ€™m sure people will be along soon with advise sending love ๐Ÿ’—

KatieR

Hello @jefferswife I am very sorry to read your post There will be plenty of friends on here who could give you good advice
Your husband is a lucky man to have such a caring and supportive wife
Don't forget the basics ...is he eating a good nourishing diet
Is he getting out every day getting fresh air and exercise
Are there any supplements that could help him ...I dont know where you live but have you contacted your local Hospice
They are wonderful places
Absolutely not just a place where you go to die
They are experts on how to cope with cancer
The best treatments
The latest medications and Trials
Please please explain this clearly to your husband
Nobody has ever regretted going to a hospice they are lovely warm jolly places
They help millions of people live happily with cancer
They also support families
My husband goes for relaxation and reflexology .....a lovely lady massages his feet and has talked him through relaxation techniques and coping strategies for anger and depression
I would never have believed how refreshed and happy he is when she has worked her magic
And........if the best efforts of the hospital cant cure your husband he will be reassured that he has a lovely place to go to if he needs it and you too will get the support you need
Take one day at a time accept any help and support that you are offered especially with cooking and cleaning Its great to come home to a tidy house and a massive pie in the oven !
Keep in touch on here We are here to help you
Cath :x::x:

bettebette

Hi @jefferswife, I am glad to see that Jeff has been offered a treatment plan; if you type Lonsurf into the search facility at the top of the post (itโ€™s a magnifying glass) you will be able to read previous posts.
Best wishes to you and Jeff :x:

Tiffany

@jefferswife

I am truly sorry to read this update today. Nothing I can say will make you feel any better I am sure but I just wanted to reach out and send you a big cyber hug.

If you type Lonsurf into the search function which is the magnifying glass top right hand corner you can see other threads regarding this treatment.

Thinking of you both. Lots of love, Tiffany :x:

GD62

HI @jefferswife so sorry to read your news, hugs :x:

scruffysheep

So sorry to read your news .
I have my scan next week and am dreading getting the same news :x::x::x::x::x::x:

DianeS

Great news that hubby has been offered another line of treatment @jefferswife. I really hope he progresses well with the treatment. Hope you are looking after yourself too. Sending you love Diane :x::x: