Share your experiences and help shape the services we offer in the future. Click here to take part in our survey today.

Relatives and friends

sweetcheeks

New Years eve

Hello my lovely lot , it’s a 1140 and the end of another year , Geoff’s had a tear in his retina operated on yesterday, not cancer related thankfully... just another reminder how delicate our bodies can be , sat in bed with a glass of wine with Geoff asleep next to me , grateful that he is,,, ! But as always scared off a new year !,,
But I’ve signed up for dry January! God help me 😂😂😂😂 .... so on that note I wish each and every one of you the best new year you can have...
I thank each and everyone of you for all your support
Lots of love to you all Tracey :x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

Bridget55

Hi @sweetcheeks. Have sympathy on retina front. I had a detached retina a few years back. Happy New year to you both. Take it very easy :x::x::x:

george1960

Have a brilliant New Year :x::x:

abergirl

Hi @sweetcheeks.....hope hubby's eye heals quickly. I love that you were seeing the New Year in ..in bed with a glass of wine!! I am thinking of doing dry January too......good luck ...will check in with you if ok? :x::x:

abergirl

Hi@sweetcheeks..how are things today for you both? I have managed nearly 4 days of Dry January!! Lots of tea!!! Hope Geoff's eye healing well. :x::x::x:

KatieR

Happy New Year @sweetcheeks I think my resolution may be to drink more and enjoy 2019 because 2018 was pretty s**t
It is all over now ....the beast from the south is gone and we are looking forward to a little less worrying and stressing
Love Cath :x::x:

SMR

Never mind the retina op @sweetcheeks, I think you’re super brave to even consider dry January! 😂 Good luck coz I’m with @KatieR, 2018 was totally pants and only wine and gin will get me through 2019! Lol 😆 :x::x::x:

sweetcheeks

@SMR @KatieR ... lol believe me in doubting my decision now 🥂🥂🥂.... 😂😂 happy new year, :x::x::x:

KatieR

@SMR ...Please don’t forget Cakes and Chocolate
Though I have just eaten a whole Pomelo and may regret it tomorrow ! !
Cath ...:x::x:

abergirl

Aww @sweetcheeks....you can do it!! I have been sorely tempted today..hubby either grumbling about everything on the TV. or asleep....hopefully a good night's sleep will help him feel more cheerful tomorrow. ...hope I sleep too! It's hard sometimes to bite my tongue...but I try to remember what he has been through...and has a colonoscopy to come. Grrrr. ...b***** cancer!!

sweetcheeks

@abergirl , I’m exactly the same , I have found myself becoming iterated, and I have to remind myself what an awful time Geoff’s been through.... but us other halves have been through the mill as well, I often think back to life before C ... if only we knew then what we know now ... I would of appreciated a lot more!!!!
We can do this !!!!🥰🥰🥰 :x::x::x:

angepange

@sweetcheeks , wishing you a peaceful new year. Just imagine how lovely the wine will taste after a month off!😊:x::x:

abergirl

A whole new day! Onwards and upwards . Husb.woke up with a smile......fingers crossed! Happy wine free Saturday lol! :x::x: