Share your experiences and help shape the services we offer in the future. Click here to take part in our survey today.

Life with bowel cancer

cyclingjohnny

58 tomorrow

hi birthday boy here,have to say 2018 wasn't what i was expecting,anyway chemoradio went ok really,that was seven weeks ago,scans on 28 jan, my fitness is getting better every week, i am trying to get as fit as possible in the event of surgery, i managed 27 miles in 2 hours 25 mins this morning on the cycle,i am trying to stay positive and get through the next 4 weeks,and then get over the next hurdle,just like to say a big thanks to all the people on this wonderful site,cheers john.

Spanner

Happy birthday John. What an inspiration you are, I am sure you will be well set for surgery when the time comes. Have a good birthday.

Baxter2

Happy Birthday for tomorrow @cyclingjohnny!

Hope you've planned a lovely day!

Best Wishes

Karen💜💚💛💙❤️

determinedjoan

Congratulations & happy birthday!

Chas

Happy birthday @cyclingjohnny your style for fitness matches mine. Keep up the good work and positive energies coming your way for treatment and recovery.

Lawsey

Well done for the fitness - I am sure it helps - I hope there is a little winter sun with you to celebrate your birthday @cyclingjohnny and that it will be a good year for you
:x::x::x::x:

penjay1902

Happy Birthday for tomorrow @cyclingjohnny . Well done on your fitness regime- very impressive! :x:

annie50C

Wow @cyclingjohnny totally impressed with those miles ! I'm
Just putting down that chocolate biscuit 😁Happy Birthday ! Xxx Annie :x::x::x:

EssexDan

Happy birthday buddy.

lola14

Happy birthday to you :x:

Sam61

Happy birthday @cyclingjohnny. I’m 58 later this month too and about 6 weeks behind you on what looks like a similar treatment plan, so I’ll be looking out for your progress. Can’t match your impressive fitness though - I’ll just be glad when I can take the dogs out on long walks again rather than a slow plod round the park (and so will they!). All the best.

Calleyh

I’m following too. Happy birthday, John. You have reminded me that I need to get out and get some exercise.

xSazx

Have a good one 🎂🥂

cyclingjohnny

Thanks everyone for messages,it means a lot, John

Bear G

Hope you’re having a fab birthday @cyclingjohnny
:x::x:

Calleyh

I went out for a walk today and ran part of it! I took note. Hope you are enjoying your birthday.

milo

Hope you have enjoyed your birthday .:x::x: