Life beyond bowel cancer

Terrish

New Year Meet Up - St Albans 17th January?

We've been a bit slack about meeting up recently, so those of us that started a meet up group have decided to kick the new year into action and meet at St Albans Waffle House on Thursday 17th January from 2pm. Short notice but on the basis that if we don't sort something it will be 2020 soon enough!

Open to ANYONE local enough that would like to come - we've ranged from four of us to 14, from those just diagnosed to those at the 5 year stage, and both patients and carers. So come along if you would like. I can meet outside for anyone that finds it hard to go to new things.
@Scardycat @DianeS @springer michelle @Dan-888 @crispy @Tiffany - please add and tag. Too far for @Bear G ?

Dan-888

Wonderful to hear from you, @lizzie1963 !
Sounds like you've been through the wars. Isn't APR the safest option to minimise recurrence? Let's hope so.
In some way, I have sympathy for Dave not wishing to meet up with a "gaggle" of us! ;) We are a motley crew, rather noisy and he has had 34 years of that already!
Thank you very much! ;D
Wishing you both the very best!
Just me. Dan

lizzie1963

@Dan-88. Dave can find meeting new people difficult. I joined this forum because I knew he wouldn’t. We live in St Albans so it would be so easy for him to come to the ‘meet up’. If I wasn’t working I would take him. Maybe one day!!

DianeS

Hi @Dan-888 so lovely to hear from you, 7 years clear is amazing, so happy for you. Hope you can make the meet love D :x::x::x::x::x:

Chris82

Hi. Sorry I can’t make it, I have a family commitment. Hope to see you all soon :x:

Dan-888

sorry I'd missed your msg @lizzie1963 . Your tag for me missed out an "8", back to my old one!
When one is happy with what and who one already has, it's absolutely understandable that new faces might not be a great motivation.

Hi there, @DianeS ! Long time indeed!
But it's not 7 years officially until April, about 11 weeks time! :)

chris61

Hi @Terrish , @DianeS. Just wanted to let you know I will not be able to make this now as have to go to Dorset tomorrow. Hope you have a great time. :x::x:

Stillme

Still trying to juggle if I can come tomorrow as my granddaughter is unwell and can’t go to the childminder but thought I better check if it’s still on! :x:

Terrish

Thanks for letting us know @chris61 - another time.

Terrish

@Stillme - @Scardycat lives in Epping which is much nearer you so if tomorrow is tricky, we can arrange the next one at Emma's instead if that helps?

Terrish

@Dan-888 - thanks for replying. Not heard from anyone else so not sure - I am still happy to go if anyone else still wants to? Let me know asap as I have a friend who has been taken in to hospital this morning and I will visit her later if we are not meeting.

Would people prefer to reconvene in Essex?

Dan-888

it'll take me 1.5 hours so to make it for 2pm I'll have to get out of my PJs now, even though I'm a fella 😄😄😄

Stillme

Hi @Terrish sorry I should have got back to you last night, Essex would be a lot better, although I would have come today as it's only about 50 miles but littleun couldn't go to childminder - really hate missing out though, so much want to meet poeple. Glad to help organise another one if that would help you :x::x::x:

Dan-888

Many thanks for giving a shout for this one, @Terrish !
Best postpone today now.
Would have been lovely to meet up again after so long with you and others. And especially new people for whom this could be the first time to put faces to forum names!
p/s my teenage years are far behind me; I'm not really still in my PJs, before someone makes a remark! 😄😄😄

Terrish

Don't worry @Stillme - when I hadn't heard I assumed most people couldn't now make it. We will arrange another although Emma and I might still go.

If we meet in Essex @Dan-888 that will be nearer for you I think? Perhaps we should swap phone numbers so we can coordinate more easily as not everyone comes on here that often now.

Stillme

Thanks @Terrish that would be great thank you :x::x:

crispy

Thanks @Terrish . I’d love to have come but been on holiday since 3 January. Any plans for future meets ? :x:

Terrish

Hi @crispy - Happy to come, but prefer someone else to sort this time! It fell apart at the last minute so maybe bit later in the year. Suggestions?

crispy

Yes. Just seen this as we’ve been away on holiday. Maybe in spring we can get together. I’ll contact you :x: