Stage 4 bowel cancer

Nods

Waterworks Problems

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any problems in the bladder region as a side effect of chemo - specifically FOLFOX. It feels like I have a bladder infection, but the GP found nothing. I've had it for a week now. I'd heard Oxyplatin can have an effect on the kidneys?

Bear G

Hi @Nods
Sorry I can’t help directly on this but would suggest a call to your chemo team for their expert advice. Do you have an out of hours number for them?
:x::x:

Nods

Thanks @Bear G, I'll try and give them a call - maybe the nurses on this forum might know?

KatieR

Hello @Nods Once cancer has entered our lives it is recognised that every pain twinge or ache must be cancer .....
It might be related to cancer or it might be a bladder problem ...like cystitis
Have you tried all the usual remedies..drinking a big glass of warm water or Lemon Barley Water every hour Avoiding acidy drinks and wine Take pain killers etc
Im sure your chemo team will investigate thoroughly if it persists
Cath :x::x:

Bear G

Hi @Nods
You could post on Ask The Nurse but it’ll probably be a couple of days before you hear back.
:x::x:

Nods

Thanks @KatieR, you're not wrong about thinking everything's cancer - makes us very neurotic! Been drinking cranberry juice which I was told helped - but will also try the warm water etc!

Jane39

@Nods . I have what I can only describe as painful cystitis every cycle of chemo ( so every other week ) for anything from 1-4 days . Never anything on testing urine and had a recent cystoscopy that was normal . So my oncologist puts it down to the toxicity of the chemo. I have found that cranberry does help a little and have a glass twice daily .

Salgal

Hi @Nods I too can describe as painful cyctitis every cycle of chemo so every other week like @Jane39 but it only lasts a day or two. I just try to drink more water to help flush my system :x::x:

Clancy

Hi @Nods, I get the irritated bladder if I don’t drink enough. It rights itself if I drink more water.:x::x:

Nods

Thanks @Jane39 @Salgal @Clancy that is useful to know and much appreciated - I shall increase my water and cranberry intake !