Share your experiences and help shape the services we offer in the future. Click here to take part in our survey today.

Life beyond bowel cancer

LIDA

My 2nd Colonoscopy !!!

Hello All. (Stage 3 Colon Cancer Op and 4 months Chemo 2017) ( Now Follow up) I have just had my 2nd Colonoscopy since last October. First one was on 30th October(After clear scan but raised CEA) 2nd yesterday. First one they found quite a large polyp of which photos were taken showing the Polyp. I had this done at one hospital and was recalled to go in to have it removed yesterday the 4th January at another hospital. It should have been sooner but I had a holiday booked and I delayed it because of my holiday and Christmas . I gathered it was not urgent. I went yesterday I had an 8 15 am appointment , did well with my Moviprep etc. They said I should have entinox . After 10 minutes my Endoscopist had to call in a more senior (I think) Endoscopist, as he couldn’t find the Polyp.Which had been tattooed at first scan.And neither could the other one. Think I was sedated about 1 hour altogether. (I was ok by the way) My bowel they said was perfect and after much talking it was decided I should come back in January 2020 .That the Polyp had disappeared ?? Has anyone had this experience. Does anyone know how this can happen. ?? Lida