Life with bowel cancer

natalie

Lung mets

Hi anyone have lung mets if so have you any symptoms.

Bear G

Hi @natalie
I had a lot of lung mets when I was diagnosed and one as a recurrence, I didn’t have any lung symptoms though.
Are you having some symptoms that are worrying you?
:x::x:

Missi

Hi @natalie
I have just been told I have 1 lung met secondary after a pet scan
I don’t have any symptoms.
Just waiting for appointment with lung team to see what happens next
Terrified !!
This is the first time I’ve posted but been following everyone since diagnosis 4 years ago
You are all amazing

natalie

Just A lot of back pain maybe I’m being paranoid that every ache and pain is something sinister I have liver mets maybe it’s to do with that but it always hurts on the left side also :x:

Bear G

Hi @Missi
Welcome to the forum. I’m sorry to hear you’ve got a lung met but please try not to worry too much, there’s lots that can be done, especially as it sounds like it’s a single met. I had a lot of lung mets when I was diagnosed and they were cleared by chemo, o had a lung recurrence 2 years ago and that was successfully treated by ablation. Fingers crossed you’re seeing the team soon. Please ask away with any questions.
Big hugs
Bear

Bear G

Hi @natalie
It’s completely understandable that we start to think about every ache and pain as being related to either the cancer or chemo. There are lots of things that could contribute to back pain, including stress of course (it could be a muscular issue for example).
With everything like this I advise calling your team for a chat, they may want to check you over but whatever happens they’ll hopefully be able to give you reassurance.
Big hugs
Bear

Missi

Thank you @Bear
Hope you get some answers from your team @natalie

bogongbelle

Hi @natalie ! I have numerous lung mets, which are controlled by chemo. Some have disappeared, some have shrunk and I’m considered stable. They were discovered a good 8 months before I had any symptoms, which were coughing and shortness of breath. I didn’t feel I’ll or have any pain. Hope this helps :x::x:

natalie

Thankyou it’s all so worrying good luck everyone :x: