Stage 4 bowel cancer

determinedjoan

First Folfoxiri down, 5 to go !

Long day in chemo suite, but brilliantly treated & cared for by wonderful Whittington chemo nurses Monika & Nse, abs angels. Would be totally lost without them . Rushed off their feet as usual - hats off to all the dedicated & devoted NHS staff, but for whom I would not be here with a fighting chance of seeing my younger son Matthew graduate.

Lirio345

Well done @determinedjoan, and totally agree about chemo nurses and other NHS staff, take very good care, Kim :x::x:

Lawsey

Big well done from me too @determinedjoan hopefully you are crossing off no 2 :x::x::x:

Bridget55

Well done @determinedjoan. Take good care of yourself over the next few days :x::x:

determinedjoan

Thank u so much @Bridget55 & @Lawsey ; yes dose 2 yesterday. V fortunately wbc was good; 6.9. Have no way of proving that Life Mel honey & rice bran helped with that, but they don’t appear to do any harm & my Oncologist happy for me to take food supplements rather than risk severe allergic reaction to Filgrastim injections again. So far, so good with Folfoxiri. Greatly appreciate ur v kind thoughts & good wishes; this amazing forum really is a life saver :x:

determinedjoan

How’re u getting on with the Folfiri @Lawsey ?

Lawsey

I am so pleased that is an achievement @determinedjoan and working in harmony with oncologist.
Afraid I ended up back in hospital continually vomiting. Not sure I will face dose 2 :x::x::x::x:

determinedjoan

Oh u poor thing @Lawsey ; sooo v soz to hear that u had to go into hospital...
Do hope you’re feeling a little better now. Maybe the dose could be reduced for round 2? When will u c ur Onc again ?
Thinking of u & wishing u all the v best; you have done so well thus far; hang on in there. Love 💗 & hugs 🤗 :x: