Share your experiences and help shape the services we offer in the future. Click here to take part in our survey today.

General Discussion

EssexDan

Terrible Acid

Hi Gang.
Quick question for you all if i may -
Had my right hemi op on the 18th December and came home xmas eve. Recovery has been text book and i feel better than ever!
However... i seem to be suffering in the evening from acid and heartburn. It gors if i pop a rennie but i never suffered from this before.
Has anyone else had experience of this?
Cheers.
Dan.

DianeS

Hi @EssexDan sorry to hear you are suffering from acid reflux and heartburn. After my surgery I was automatically put n Omeprazole. Eventually came off it, by choice. However mine is now coming back again and it’s 3 years since my op. I’ve been taking Rennies too. I haven’t mentioned it to my Onc, but I’m seeing him on Thursday. I can’t explain why I had it, just wanted you to know you are not on your own. Love Diane :x::x:

EssexDan

Thanks @DianeS .
Its not really bad but enough to be just annoying you know.
I have the colorectal nurse calling me Friday with pathology results so will ask her i think.

DianeS

Good idea @EssexDan it’s always best to get these things checked out. Good luck, let us know how you get on. Diane :x::x::x:

Salgal

Hi @EssexDan I too was given Omeprazole, took it fora while then slowly came off them, all good now :x:

Baxter2

I think this can be quite common following surgery @EssexDan

Like @DianeS Inwas given omeprazole post op too. I've tried to stop it a few times but acid reflux became a problem. It's certainly worth checking it out though!

Take care,

Karen 💚💛💜💙❤️

scruffysheep

I take omeprazole too. I've tried coming off them and do forget occasionally but find if I've not had them for a few days I suffer.

Jon-T

I am takeing Somac every day, if I forget it I suffer.

EssexDan

Thanks all. Good to know im not going insane having some adverse reaction! Lol.