Ask the Nurse

If you have a question for our nurses, please post it here or email nurse@bowelcanceruk.org.uk. Typically you will receive a response within 2-4 working days. Please note this is for non-urgent enquiries only. If you are feeling unwell please contact your hospital team or GP.

Posts in this section can only be replied to by the nurses. If you wish other users to respond to your question you will need to post it in another topic on the community as well.

LIDA

Colonoscopy

I had a Colonoscopy on 30th October (last year) which showed a large Polyp. I had the next Colonoscopy 4th January to take this Polyp away.( Owning to a holiday and christmas it was delayed slightly .)When I went in to have it done I was sedated but they could not find the Polyp. They saw the Tattoo . I had the camera for almost an hour while the Endoscopist searched with a another Endoscopist he had to fetch in to verify it was not there. I am now booked in for another Colonoscopy in January 2020.
This sounds good to me but I have the photo of the Polyp from October in my notes so what has happened to it and is it anything to be of concern. ?

Charlotte Nurse Advisor

Hi @LIDA ,

I responded to this under your other post. Hope you picked that up OK
Charlotte