Share your experiences and help shape the services we offer in the future. Click here to take part in our survey today.

Relatives and friends

tammy82

Thought I’d say hi

Hi I’m Tammy a newbie here

I’m in a rollercoaster of emotions right now
My mum had emergency surgery on 28/12 after numerous trips to the gp and hospital due to feeling unwell and being constipated (she has IBS so not unusual for her)

Yesterday we were told that the tumour removed was/is cancerous
She is now awaiting a PET scan before starting chemo in a few weeks

Think I just needed to write this down somewhere whilst I process it all and where others understand where I am

Anyway Hi 👋🏼

helena

Hello @Tammy and welcome to this forum where you'll find loads of support, advice and first hand experience. I'm sorry to read about your mum's diagnosis and this stage is awful as the waiting is horrible and we all understand how you feel. Please try to keep using this forum as it definately helps to share your feeling and get advice/tips on medical jargon and chemo and also to hear inspiring stories that will help to allay your fears. I'm sending you a virtual hug, Helena :x::x::x:

Spanner

Hi @tammy82 welcome, You have come to the right place, so sorry you find the need to be here, but people here understand what you are going through and there is a wealth of knowledge available. If I were to give any advice it would be take a few deep breaths and try not to let your mind gallop away. Take each day as it comes and put your trust in the professionals. If you read the stories on here you will find that bowel cancer is very treatable and massive progress is being made.

Lirio345

Good morning @tammy82, so sorry to hear about your mum but the good thing is that her team sound as if they are absolutely on the case. This is a difficult time waiting for further results and details, but I promise that most folk feel better once they have a precise treatment plan. Take very good care, Kim :x::x:

Gypsy

Dear @tammy82 . Just stopping by too and saying hello and sending hugs for all the worries you have about your Mum. You know, it is good that the bowel tumour has been removed and as @Lirio345 says, the PET scan will give her team all the info they need to be able to give her the best treatment possible, Pretty much everyone on here has had or is on chemo and there is lots of advice and support from the 'coal face'. You have come to the right place and hope that you and your Mum can feel comforted by the fact that many of us with bowel cancer are doing very well.
Lots of love, Gypsyxxxx