Share your top tops on diet + lifestyle for our new booklet.
Find out more here.

Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

Rob Richardson

slight accident due to "inadvertant side effect"....

Have you seen the clips on TV etc where a drunk person falls arse over tit but manage to keep their drink upright? That was me last night (not the drunk bit), but was on the stairs and slipped on a sock so over I went, and instead of grabbing the banister I instantly grabbed my chemo pump to "protect" it. I wasn't really hurt, however my pride suffered a dent when I bounced to a heap at the foot of the stairs to find my lass, two dogs and one of the cats staring at me a bit dazed clutching my pump above my head like some sort of holy Excalibur!

island girl

@Rob Richardson , gosh so glad your ok, I had a hissy fit in a car park couple days ago as really icy & was terrified of falling, hubby not impressed 😜
Watch out for stray socks, take care :x::x:

Adnyl

I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself too badly :x:

Gypsy

It sounds amusing the way you have written it but it must have shaken you up and glad you're ok. :x:

Rob Richardson

Hi @island girl, yeah I think one of the cats left the sock there as a trap! And thanks @Adnyl and @Gypsy I'm fine, I'm a clumsy git anyway so its just part of daily life for me a think ha. 😊

Polly 1

Oh blimey @Rob Richardson - your first treatment as well wasn't it? You were very lucky not to hurt yourself - but well done on protecting your pump!
Other than that I hope all is going OK :x:

DianeS

Thank goodness you are ok @Rob Richardson you will look back on that one day and find it very funny! My dog is a sock thief so I can totally see how it happened. Take care Diane :x::x::x::x::x:

steve707

Glad your ok @Rob Richardson. I am sorry but I found myself imagining this scenario and found myself having a bit of a laugh. Really cheered me up.

Rob Richardson

No problem @steve707 , found it funny myself and its the type of thing I like to share to bring a little chuckle. 😊