Stage 4 bowel cancer

matilda

Xelox side effects

Hi. Tomorrow my hubby has first chemotherapy day. Xelox and Capecitabine tablets at home. Had pre chemotherapy assistment appointment on friday and to be honest freaked out of all possible side effects. Already stressing out of such a big responsability.. We have four kids under 13 .. how to control they doesn't pass any infection, viruss..etc.. Would like to hear some real experiences.

matilda

@Colin Oscar Pea actually our oncologist said that it's good that hubby has those neuropathy side effects just for couple of days..

Ruth563
Quote from @Seymore:
@matilda sorry to hear your hubby isn’t feeling great, I’m sure your support and love will be helping him to stay positive . I’m so pleased to hear your doing better since seeing the GP, and that your sleep has improved. Sending lots of love to you and your family 😘😘

@Ruth563 and @spannerkate, Im also the one who likes to chat and learn as much as I can, helps me to feel more in control.

@Gareth1980 I hope your wife is ok after her first cycle? My hubby just had his second cycle last Thursday (although he’s on a different chemo cocktail as he calls it 🤣 ) and it has all been much better 2nd time round, he says he feels more in control as he knows what to expect a bit more and he feels really positive now he’s ‘in it’ so to speak.

@Ruth563 I will keep everything crossed for you both next week.

Thank you very much. We should know more this week.

Ruth563

Still no news, but they discussed him yesterday. Waiting for that phone call. Sat at my desk at work. I have a huge headache already. Why is the waiting so awful!! :x:

determinedjoan

Sooo soz; hope u get call & feel better soon :x:

Ruth563

Hi @matilda the good news is the liver lesion has disappeared from the scan, and they can't do liver surgery as they can't see it, but the chemo is very effective for him, so they are throwing another four cycles at him!! We are cautiously celebrating with a cup of tea in the garden! Thank you for thinking of us and although the chemo is awful it is worth it as it has completely obliterated his liver tumour so tell your hubby to hang on in there 😘 how many more has he got now? :x::x::x:

Quote from @determinedjoan:
Sooo soz; hope u get call & feel better soon

Thank you very much @determinedjoan! His next lot of chemo starts Wednesday! But good news it's working 👏:x::x:

bettebette

Glad to read your good news @Ruth563
:x::x:

determinedjoan

Gr8 news @Ruth563; thrilled for u both ! Congratulations to ur husband - keep up the good work ! :x:

Ruth563
Quote from @determinedjoan:
Gr8 news @Ruth563; thrilled for u both ! Congratulations to ur husband - keep up the good work !

Thank you so much :x::x:

Ruth563
Quote from @bettebette:
Glad to read your good news @Ruth563

Thankyou ❤️

matilda

@Ruth563 such a good news! 👏👏👏👍☀️
"how many more has he got now?"
To be honest, we don't know, a lot..
Really hope chemo works effective for him as well, one more cycle to go and first scans 👍

charleyb

Just seen your news @Ruth563 !! AMAZING!! so so pleased for you guys :x::x::x:

Ruth563
Quote from @matilda:
@Ruth563 such a good news! 👏👏👏👍☀️
"how many more has he got now?"
To be honest, we don't know, a lot..
Really hope chemo works effective for him as well, one more cycle to go and first scans 👍

One more cycle to go matilda ah brilliant hope it goes OK and all best for some good news after scans :x::x:

Ruth563
Quote from @charleyb:
Just seen your news @Ruth563 !! AMAZING!! so so pleased for you guys

Thank you!! :x::x::x:

matilda
Quote from @Ruth563:
One more cycle to go matilda ah brilliant hope it goes OK and all best for some good news after scans

Thanks. Yeah, can't believe that we will be in cycle 4 next week already, time is flying..

Ruth563

Good to hear @matilda and hope the side effects are manageable. Will be thinking of you xx Paul starts his 5th chemo tomorrow. He's downloading a film to watch! :x::x::x:

Ruth563
Quote from @charleyb:
Just seen your news @Ruth563 !! AMAZING!! so so pleased for you guys

Saw your news recently too, fantastic! continuing to smash it! 👊:x::x::x:

charleyb
Quote from @Ruth563:
Saw your news recently too, fantastic! continuing to smash it! 👊

Thankyou so much :) what is the plan,is it more chemo? how is he coping with it?
:x::x::x:

Ruth563

Yes another 4 cycles @charleyb he's doing OK with it, this time round he's been hiccuping a lot, and the pins and needles are getting a little bit worse :x::x::x:

charleyb
Quote from @Ruth563:
Yes another 4 cycles @charleyb he's doing OK with it, this time round he's been hiccuping a lot, and the pins and needles are getting a little bit worse

I have a feeling Charlie had the hiccups, it used to drive him mad!! Make sure you tell your team about the pins and needles, they may need to reduce the oxy. Hes doing fantastic and had a great response to chemo.

Hope you are both doing well @matilda :x::x::x: