Decembeard

New to the community?

judith

New to the site

Hi I was 50 16th December 2018.On January 23rd 2019 went for a colonoscopy due to loose stools no other symptoms I had been set by my GP who said it was probably a bug that had not been found when I had provided a stool sample So was not to worried so was floored when was told that the scope could go any further I have a tumour 14 cm into my rectum colon had MRI and in the morning have CT biopsy taken a colonoscopy bloods done MDT sit Tuesday so hopefully get staging this week just so worried it’s advanced due to scope not able to get any further

annie50C

Hi @judith.. it's very scary isn't it but from what I know and understand size isn't necessarily a marker of more advanced or more aggressive so try not to worry. It is a bit of a nightmare until you get the actual diagnosis and before you know it you will be whipped on to a treatment plan and you will feel a lot better and more in control. Try not to Google as info is very out of date and stay with us on this forum which is full of wonderful people and advice. Much love and positive thoughts Annie :x::x::x:

Lirio345

Good morning @judith, so sorry that you find yourself in this position but you will find a lot of support and information on this forum. You will I agree, feel much better when you find out what is happening but staging cannot usually be finalised until a week or two after surgery. Please don’t worry too much about staging, - treatment of colorectal cancer has really improved greatly over the last few years. Please stay in touch, Kim :x::x:

Gypsy

Dear @judith. Just to say hello and that I'm so sorry you have to be on here but I will be looking out for you now. I agree with annie50C. Although natural to do it, you cannot infer anything either way from the fact that the scope could not get around the tumour. You will have a treatment plan very soon so hang in there until you know what is what.
Sending hugs for the waiting and distract yourself as best you can meantime,
Love Gypsyxx

charleyb

Welcome @judith as said above the size gives away nothing i am afraid, there have been some 20cm ones with no spread and some teeny ones that have spread to other organs, so please try not to think the worst (which i know is near on impossible with this!!) Your team are working away behind the scenes getting all the info they need to forumlate a brilliant plan of attack. I promise once you start treatment you will feel a bit more in control. This first bit, all the waiting and wondering is the worst. Big hugs we are all here with you :x::x::x::x:

judith

Thankyou so much my mind is in over drive had my CT now so waiting again thinking the worst but hoping for better I’m use to being so busy and now just not wanting to do anything but trying to keep focused x

Quote from @charleyb:
Welcome @judith as said above the size gives away nothing i am afraid, there have been some 20cm ones with no spread and some teeny ones that have spread to other organs, so please try not to think the worst (which i know is near on impossible with this!!) Your team are working away behind the scenes getting all the info they need to forumlate a brilliant plan of attack. I promise once you start treatment you will feel a bit more in control. This first bit, all the waiting and wondering is the worst. Big hugs we are all here with you
Quote from @charleyb:
Welcome @judith as said above the size gives away nothing i am afraid, there have been some 20cm ones with no spread and some teeny ones that have spread to other organs, so please try not to think the worst (which i know is near on impossible with this!!) Your team are working away behind the scenes getting all the info they need to forumlate a brilliant plan of attack. I promise once you start treatment you will feel a bit more in control. This first bit, all the waiting and wondering is the worst. Big hugs we are all here with you

judith
Thankyou so much for your reassurance just want to go back 12 weeks when life was normal but know I can’t focusing on next appoinment to see what’s what every ache or feeling linking it to cancer il
Keep in touch x

Quote from @Gypsy:
Dear @judith. Just to say hello and that I'm so sorry you have to be on here but I will be looking out for you now. I agree with annie50C. Although natural to do it, you cannot infer anything either way from the fact that the scope could not get around the tumour. You will have a treatment plan very soon so hang in there until you know what is what.
Sending hugs for the waiting and distract yourself as best you can meantime,
Love Gypsyxx

judith
Thankyou for your support I will try to focus on the here and now x

Quote from @Lirio345:
Good morning @judith, so sorry that you find yourself in this position but you will find a lot of support and information on this forum. You will I agree, feel much better when you find out what is happening but staging cannot usually be finalised until a week or two after surgery. Please don’t worry too much about staging, - treatment of colorectal cancer has really improved greatly over the last few years. Please stay in touch, Kim

Quote from @Lirio345:
Good morning @judith, so sorry that you find yourself in this position but you will find a lot of support and information on this forum. You will I agree, feel much better when you find out what is happening but staging cannot usually be finalised until a week or two after surgery. Please don’t worry too much about staging, - treatment of colorectal cancer has really improved greatly over the last few years. Please stay in touch, Kim

mem

Hi and warm welcome from me too @judith.
Best wishes with your upcoming results, this waiting lark is hard work, isn’t it?!
Please keep us posted with how you are getting on and in the meantime, if you have any questions or just need an virtual ear then we will be here for you.
Lots of love :x::x:

judith

Thankyou so much mem. Waiting now for results to fine a plan I hope 🤞 I will keep in touch xx

Quote from @mem:
Hi and warm welcome from me too @judith.
Best wishes with your upcoming results, this waiting lark is hard work, isn’t it?!
Please keep us posted with how you are getting on and in the meantime, if you have any questions or just need an virtual ear then we will be here for you.
Lots of love