General Discussion

Bear G

World Cancer Day

On World Cancer Day I feel it's a great chance to reflect on what's going right in cancer care.

In the 5 years or so since I was diagnosed with Stage 4 bowel cancer I've seen so many phenomenal advances come through. These include breakthrough medicines like immunotherapy as well as life saving surgery like HIPEC.

What this means is that now more an more people are surviving longer and striving to lead full and fun-filled lives.

A DIAGNOSIS OF STAGE 4 CANCER DOESN'T HAVE TO MEAN THE END OF YOUR LIFE, IT CAN BE THE REASON TO START LIVING IT!

Cathy13

Great way to think :) :x::x:

Dan-888

Very well said, Steve! @Bear G !
And I can think of no better standard bearer than yourself!
Onwards!
Dan

Pugh

Well Done 😀😀😀

island girl

@Bear G well said & thank you for all your advice, keep on keeping on 🤩 :x::x:

matilda

"A DIAGNOSIS OF STAGE 4 CANCER DOESN'T HAVE TO MEAN THE END OF YOUR LIFE, IT CAN BE THE REASON TO START LIVING IT!" So well said! ☀️👍

cyclingjohnny

absolutely spot on,thank you. john

SariDaffs

So well said @Bear G! This reminds me to heed your wise words. Best wishes and thanks for all that you are doing :x::x:

greyhound gal

striving to lead full and fun-filled lives...

That’s what I’m going to strive to do @Bear G , thank you! Wendy :x::x:

jandals

I never knew I wasn’t really living before but it now feels like i wasn’t as ‘present’ in life as I am since my partner was diagnosed in feb last year.

Lexi

@Bear G Too true, our Cancer journey to date has resulted in a move to the coast ( 3 weeks ago), now if you would have suggested this to me 2years ago before Cancer and this forum I would never have believed it!!! Live because you are alive, not merely because you exist.

Bear G

Great to hear @Lexi
Hope you’re loving your new life!
:x::x:

Lexi

@Bear G Such a holistic life change, my hubby and I feel very lucky.

Bear G

❤️ @Lexi :x::x:

Gypsy

@Bear G. Although I wish (don't we all) that I'd never had it, it has made me a better person in many ways and I don't know if that change would have happened without it. Plus, I've made so many friends through the charity and that would not have happened either.
Loads of love to all those on here and to you for posting it and for being so wise- oh, and I love the image above too!:x::x::x:

dennis

Great way to put the message over

GD62

Love the message 👍😁

george1960

Wow inspiration thank you

:x::x:

terri m

This post is spot on @Bear G for all of us who have had this disease, & who are having treatment now.. :x::x::x:

bettebette

Another inspirational and thoughtful post @Bear G. Thank you.