Big hugs

Rach

Happy new year @Dan-888 :x::x::x:

mem

Happy new year @Dan-888. Year of the pig? :x::x:

Dan-888

Thank you very much @Rach and @mem !
Yes! It's the year of the pig, or boar.
Considered lazy but also benevolent and means no harm to anyone, it is also considered to be lucky and the bringer of wealth!

Gypsy

Me too @Dan-888. I hope the piggy brings you all of them- (not the lazy, obviously- but they are not, in any case)!:x::x::x::x::x::x:

determinedjoan

Healthy & happy new year from me too @Dan-888 ! :x:

matilda

Happy&Healthy New year @Dan-888

Dan-888

on the 3rd day (out of 15} of the Chinese New Year, I thank you so very much for your wonderful greetings, @Gypsy @determinedjoan and @matilda !!!
And I love that cute little piglet, matilda!
How blessed am I :D

Aren't there any other Chinese folks on here though? :?:

matilda

@Dan-888 I am not Chinese, but orginally latvian and we are actually paying big attention to Chinese calendar years. I was born in year of dog🐕.. our oldest son as well and aquarius just like me. Believe or not, lot of similarities in our characters..😏

Dan-888

Oh! Another Aquarian! When's your birthday, @matilda ?
Oh wait, it was a couple of weeks back, wasn't it! DUH!

I have no idea about astronomy. But I'm used to celebrating all festivals from birth; Chinese, Indian, Malay, Western cultures, etc.!

The problem with Chinese stuff is it's all been going on for so many thousands of years and we still only have 12 months in a year.
So legends start to overlap each other and big festivals often have more than one big event duplicated on the same day!
The oldest legends tend to be Taoist, Confucianism, Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Christianity, etc !
It gives a totally extra meaning to the term, "it's complicated!" :D

And, today is the 3rd day out of 15 for the Chinese new year, or Spring festival, ending with the Lantern Festival on the 15th day.

I'd posted a couple of other threads about the Chinese New Year and Mid-Autumn festivals, if anyone fancies some distracting reading?

community.bowelcanceruk.org.uk/forum/8154-chinese-new-year-4617

community.bowelcanceruk.org.uk/forum/1750-chinese-mid-autumn-festival

Cheers!
Dan

lilmil

Happy New year to you all. Xx

Dan-888

Thank you from me, @lilmil !
Day 4 of 15.
Tomorrow is when we can start to sweep the floor again! ;D

Dan-888

Hope you are all feeling well today.
I do try to check in as much and as often as I can. Just sorry I haven't been able to be able to do more.
It's been sunny and still relatively mild today, at least!

I saw this meme and remembered how lucky I was that I had a few kind people who'd check in on me from time to time, and how much it meant to me back then.
Just still thinking of you all.

Just me
Dan