Share your top tips on diet + lifestyle for our new booklet
We’re looking to update and review our ’Your Diet & Lifestyle: Living with and beyond bowel cancer’ health information booklet and we are looking for people affected by bowel cancer to feature in it.
You can see the current version at bowelcancerorguk.s3.amazonaws.com/...ifestyle%20Guide%2016.8.17_LR.pdf
Throughout the booklet you will see a few people with bowel cancer giving their top tips on managing their diet and lifestyle.
Ideally we’re looking for a sentence or two that describes a problem and gives a solution.
For example: "When I get pain in my side by my stoma and I think I may have a blockage, I lie on my back with my knees bent and gently move my knees from side to side whilst massaging my side. This helps enormously and sometimes works straight away."
We’re looking for your problem and solutions on a few topics, which include:
- Eating fibre: tips on a low fibre diet and reintroducing fibre
- Tips on eating during chemo or other treatment
- Tips on managing fatigue through diet and lifestyle
- Tips on managing weight loss
- For people with advanced bowel cancer, have you had any problems with your diet or weight? What has helped?
- Tips on coping with symptoms – diarrhoea, constipation and wind. What works for you?
If we do publish your top tip, then we’ll ask full permission to print it alongside your name and possibly a picture.
Many thanks in advance!