Ask the Nurse

If you have a question for our nurses, please post it here or email nurse@bowelcanceruk.org.uk. Typically you will receive a response within 2-4 working days. Please note this is for non-urgent enquiries only. If you are feeling unwell please contact your hospital team or GP.

Posts in this section can only be replied to by the nurses. If you wish other users to respond to your question you will need to post it in another topic on the community as well.

smiggs05

nephrostomy tube And chemo

Are you allowed to have chemo if you have one of these ? Oncologist said they wouldn’t give mum chemo if she has one saying it is permanent but have seen that some are reverseable thank you

mem

Good morning @smiggs05.
Sorry I can't be of any help with your query but was just wondering if it will be worth you posting your question in the 'Ask The Nurse' topic too? :x::x:

smiggs05

Sorry @mem thought I had done silly me

mem

Easily done @smiggs05. If you would like your thread solely in the 'Ask The Nurse' section then give me a shout if you would like me to move it for you 😊:x::x:

smiggs05

Yes please

Quote from @mem:
Easily done @smiggs05. If you would like your thread solely in the 'Ask The Nurse' section then give me a shout if you would like me to move it for you 😊

mem

Ah, it seems it has already been moved for you @smiggs05 😊
Best wishes to you both :x::x:

Charlotte Nurse Advisor

Dear @smiggs05,

I can't comment on the oncologist's decision about giving your mum chemo but as to whether nephrostomy tubes are permanent or temporary this largely depends on the reason for its insertion in the first place.

Do you know the details of why your mum had to have one inserted?

Kindest regards,
Charlotte