Share your top tops on diet + lifestyle for our new booklet.
Find out more here.

Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

lujabuck

Some good news.....no chemo

Hi all just wanted to share my good day (rather than only coming on here moaning when it gets too much!)

I had a LAR bowel op two weeks ago. I have now been home 6 days and am feeling generally amazing (with plenty of naps and painkillers). I even managed a trip out today and did the school run with assitance. Today i heard that they no longer want to give me Chemo before i have my Liver op......I'm SO pleased. Pleased I don't need Chemo, pleased this means the op will be sooner than it would be.

On a non cancer note I'm also super pleased as our house has been in upheaval for two weeks having had to have a new roof to fix a persistent leak. And it's all done and warm and dry!

Celebrating the good days! :)

strongsami

Yay @lujabuck ! Today was a good day 💪👍🌟

Rachel

@lujabuck, nice one. I had Mr Shah as consultant, lovely person. Hope all goes well. :x::x:

lujabuck

@Rachel was that your liver consultant? I can't remember the name of mine, we have yet to meet. But I don't think that's it.

greyhound gal

That is great news @lujabuck !
And a new roof just in time for the windy weather !
Best wishes :x::x:

bettebette

That’s good news @lujabuck 😊

Rachel

Hi yes it was, There’s about 5 liver surgeons, you can wait for a particular one or go into pool and next available surgery date is yours. I saw Mr Majeed on the 18th October, went into pool and had Mr Shah do op on 2nd November, only met him on morning of surgery. I could have before but didn’t want to waste my time or his time. Could not have wished for a nicer person @cdnico had same surgeon as me also on same day I was In morning and cdnico was in afternoon.
Ps Ask for morning surgery with stoma, makes the non intake of liquid so many hours before easier so dehydration does not affect you. Xx

Quote from @lujabuck:
@Rachel was that your liver consultant? I can't remember the name of mine, we have yet to meet. But I don't think that's it.