Stage 4 bowel cancer

Wren17

Scan results devastated- help second line treatment

Hello all,
Im afraid ive not been very active on the forum as ive been in and out of hospital and as a result ive not been able to have any chemo for six months.
I had my CT scan results yesterday and whist i was anticipating some spread i did not expect it to be so vast. Previous CT only showed two lymphnodes para-aortic and celiac trunk. However, latest scan shows spread in Liver, Lung, peritoneum and lymph node by mid spine and bone.
Oncologist suggested not currently strong enough to start chemo and will review in two weeks. She has suggested second-line chemo of irinotecan having previously had folfox. I was wondering what second line treatment people have had after spread and folfox??
Really worried that wont be strong enough in two weeks as was only discharged on Monday evening and so spread will continue.
All advice will be appreciated :x::x:

Lizalou

Thinking of you @Wren17 and sending hugs :x::x:

Wren17

Thank you all for your kind words. The iv antibiotics have helped manage spike in temperatures so now they are trying find source of infection. Hopefully they find this soon so i can be on right treatment plan and on way getting some chemo :x::x:

DianeS

Morning @Wren17 so pleased the antibiotics are helping, and I hope they manage to find the cause of the infection soon. Thinking of you love Diane :x::x:

determinedjoan

Oh that’s good news dear @Wren17 ! All fingers & toes crossed that u can back on some sort of treatment soonest. How’re you feeling? Hopefully a little better & stronger. Keep up the good work. Really hope you’re getting loads of help & support from family & friends. We are all with u n rooting 4 u. Lots & lots of love 💗 & warmest hugs 🤗 :x:

Baxter2

Looks like a little step in the right direction @Wren17

Sending lots of love and good wishes

Karen💛💚❤️💜💙

terri m

Sending you all my love & hope you soon feel better.. Once your infection is sorted I will keep my fingers crossed for you for positive treatment... Love & hugs :x::x::x:

bettebette

Better news @Wren17 🙂 Best wishes to you :x::x::x:

abergirl

Hello @Wren17,. how strange..I saw a lovely little wren in my garden this morning and thought of you. She was happily flitting around the bushes on a lovely morning....hope this is an omen for you and you will turn that corner very soon. Lots of love.:x::x:

HH79

Oh great news @Wren17 we are all thinking of you. Lots of love :x::x::x:

Salgal

@Wren good to hear from you with better news thinking about you 😊 :x::x::x:

Gypsy

@Wren, that does sound to be better. Lots of love and hugs, Gypsyxxx

charleyb

So glad to read the antibiotics are helping @Wren17 , fingers crossed they find the source soon, take care :x::x::x::x:

GD62

hello @Wren17 so sorry to read your post lots of love and prayers hugs :x::x::x:

Wren17

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. Ive had spike in temperatures throughout night, been vomiting so they have stopped my ng feed and have put me on a drip. Still not found source of infection :x::x::x:

determinedjoan

Oh @Wren17 , I am sooo v sorry to read ur post; I feel v frustrated on your behalf that you’re still in hospital feeling poorly but apparently none the wiser about getting help to sort things out; poor u. I am thinking of u & sending love, hugs & healing vibes. We are all with u in spirit & wish unbdtter soon :x::x::x:

determinedjoan

You better soon :x:

Baxter2

Oh dear @Wren17

I'm so sorry you're having to endure all this misery! Hoping like heck, you turn a corner very soon!!

Sending loads of love and very best wishes

Karen💜💚💙💛❤️

Gypsy

Thinking of you, dear @Wren17 . I am sure that they will fathom this out. Loads of love, Gypsyxxx

Lizalou

Thinking of you @Wren17. Hope the drip perks you up a bit while they work out what is going on. :x::x:

determinedjoan

How are you dear @Wren17 ?
You’re always in my thoughts & heart; sincerely hope you are feeling a little better & hospital have worked out what’s causing the infection & r now successfully treating it. Really hope u can get home 🏡 to ur lovely family again soon. Lots & lots of love 💗 & hugs 🤗 :x::x::x: