Share your top tops on diet + lifestyle for our new booklet.
Find out more here.

Younger people with bowel cancer

tashamoo

Very confused and worried

Hi all was just looking for a bit of advice ? My symptoms started when I was 5 months pregnant with my son who is now 5 months old tomorrow ☺️ At the time I put it down to pregnancy but obviously now he is here now and they haven’t stopped they have actuall got worse. My symptoms are bleeding a lot from my bottom loose stools constantly on the toilet and belly cramps and has pain. The bleeding is basically every time I go the loo which is a lot and some time I don’t even pass stools just blood. My first dr told me IBS I took the tablets for 3 weeks no change so went beck to another dr she was brilliant booked me in for stool test and bloody which I had done. Since that app I have been A&e twice with pain and bleeding first dr fobbed me off second one last night was good got my stool results which come back high 600 and something but bloods normal he said he wants me to have a colopsapy but I need to go through gp which I saw today who said she thinks it’s chrones or something ends but not cancer as I’m too young but referred me as she was confused why stools were high but bloods wasn’t. Now just the waiting game from the hospital to phone and book me in. Like I said very confused 🤷‍♀️ 10 mins after writing this hospital phoned I have to go for consultation Monday wow that was quick :x:

greyhound gal

I hope you’re not waiting around too much today @tashamoo, and that all goes well.
Best wishes, Wendy :x::x:

Gypsy

Good luck today @tashamoo, thinking of you. :x::x::x:

charleyb

Good luck today!! :x::x:

KarenE

Best wishes for today @tashamoo :x::x:

Lizalou

Thinking of you @tashamoo :x:

tashamoo

Aww thank you all. I’m not feeling too good today again with belly cramps but least today is the day to get to see someone. So touched by all your messages and @missed I also hope you will get and appointment come through quickly as I know this waiting about not knowing answers is not nice :x::x:

abergirl

Good luck today bless you..let us know what they say? Big hug :x::x:

tashamoo

I will do hun :x::x:

tashamoo

Hi all not long got back from hospital. Got saw straight away and colopsapy booked 9 am Saturday so very happy that’s booked just waiting game now but when I did ask what he thought it was he said he doesn’t think it’s ahything sinister which relieved me but what ever it is it needs investigating. Been told not to eat Friday 🙈 I love my food lol and start the drink stuff at 5 pm :x::x:

bettebette

That sounds pretty positive @tashamoo 🙂 Best wishes for Sat. :x:

charleyb

I am so glad you got seen and that even tho he didn`t think it was sinister has got you straight in for a scope, sounds like you have a good consultant! Yes my hubby hates the bowel prep too, but before you know it it is over, and they can have a really good look and make sure all is ok. I posted a question asking how to make the prep any better to drink so have a look at my topics there were some good tips. :x::x::x:

newby

Same day as my scopes but I have had to wait over 3 weeks from my consultation for it. Had to wait 2 weeks for the consultation too. Great you are being seen so quick, less time to worry and something to focus on. 90% chance nothing sinisterbut needs investigated for peace ofmind. Good luck.

Lizalou

@tashamoo
So glad you have got your colonoscopy booked as it will give the best answers. Hopefully nothing too serious but at least you will know for sure. The bowel prep is a bit yuck but manageable (something clear but strong tasting like lime juice cordial helps to take away the taste) The test itself is fine because you will be offered a mild sedative. Best wishes, let us know how you get on. :x:

tashamoo

Thanks all and you will have to keep me updated @newby yes my drs and hospital have been really good so less time to stress but I feel less stress already after that appointment and thank you @charleyb I will have a look. Thank you all again :x::x:

Gypsy

That sounds hopeful@tashamoo. I hope it has relived the anxiety a little and that they can treat the cause successfully. Lots of love and keep your chin up! :x::x::x::x::x:

newby

Will keep you updated tashamoo. Love my food too can't eat after Friday tea, take prep. Then got to take prep again next morning as afternoon appointment. Not looking forward to that.

tashamoo

I was thinking then how come you get to eat till tea time but then you said cause yours is afternooon lol and yes @Gypsy feeling a lot better now thank you ☺️ :x::x:

Baxter2

This is all sounding pretty positive @tashamoo

Please keep us posted!

Lots of love

Karen💜❤️💛💙💚