General discussion

Bear G

Fab news from the scan

Almost 6 years from being diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer my latest CT is clear!!

Happy, gobsmacked, elated ...

Im taking a 3 month break from chemo and 6 months to my next scan! This’ll allow my body to recover and I’ll be able to enjoy all the fun stuff - the party in April, New York in May and Asia in June.

I need to stress that I’m not ‘cured’, but the cancer is well and truly under control, which is amazing!

Beating bowel cancer every day!!!

Big hugs
Bear
Xx

matilda

Such a good news! Enjoy your traveling and chemo break!☀️💙

Artizanne

That's tremendous news! I'm so happy for you! You're such a great support to all of us on here, you really deserve this great break! Have a wonderful time on your travels. Stay safe and enjoy! God bless. :x:

susu

sooo happy for you. Enjoy

Mistyalpine

That's amazingly good news... Well done !!!🌺

palace1960

Brilliant news Steve @Bear G you are such great support to us on the forum and a real inspiration I'm really pleased for you. Enjoy your travels mate! Best wishes Ron

Ninatoo

Wonderful news @Bear G ! Congratulations to you!

Seashells

Fabulous news @Bear G - what an inspiration you are :x:

maureen.s

Fantastic result Bear :x:

EssexDan

Wow that's great news. :x:

LWJ81

Great news @Bear G :x::x::x::x:

Rachel

Excellent news and enjoy the Chemo break and your travels. :x:

fireblade401

Amazing news

brighty08

Fantastic news!! So pleased for you. :x::x:

mikey83

Amazing news @Bear G have a great time away

Mikey :x:

crispy

That is such good news @Bear G ! You are an inspiration. Enjoy all those travels and hope to see you at the party 🥳 :x::x::x:

Bear G

Thank you all for such lovely comments. I’ve had a tear in my eye as I’ve been reading these.

Just wanted to share this part of the letter from my oncologist to my GP. Hoping this also gives a lift to other people getting treatment for stage 4 Bowel cancer.

I’m heading to the US in May and Asia in June 😎

Big hugs
Bear
Xx

determinedjoan

You’re truly amazing @Bear G ; thank u 4 sharing this & for your devoted help & support & constant positivity- enormously appreciated & respected. Enjoy your v well -earned & much needed break from treatments & our wonderful forum. All the v best :x:

bettebette

That is a great letter to receive @Bear G 😊 Have a good time on your travels.
I would also like to reiterate what what others have said with regard to your positivity and constant support, THANK YOU 💐

Clancy

Fabulous news @Bear G, you give us so much positivity and good sound advice. Enjoy your travels, send photos, it really does give us a boost. :x::x:

Freckles50

@Bear G fantastic news, so pleased for you. Happy travelling :x::x: