General Discussion

Scattyblonde

Scan Results - Yippee!

I want to share some good news, first I will give you some background especially as my profile is probably not up to date righ tnow - originally diagnosed stage 3 in 2016, bowel resection & 6 months FOLFOX, Dec 2017 progressed to stage 4 with 10 lung mets across both lungs and all lobes told inoperable and BRAF mutant given 6 months without chemo up to 3 years with, 3 months FOLFIRI hated it and refused any more, no progression over 5 months, pushed for referral to lung surgeon, surgeon agreed to operate, metastasectomy of both lungs one in Sep 2018 and the other Oct 2018 - Nov 2018 clear scan, Jan 2019 started Capecitabine - Today another clear scan. My Onc now thinks I may be here for a fair bit longer than originally thought. I know being NED is very likely a temporary situation, but I do hope that it gives some hope to others that stage 4 can get to NED and prognosis can improve over time and with treatment.

@BowelWarrior

1234annie

Really Really awsome news :x: :x: :x:

helena

What super news to read @Scattyblonde and it sure gives us fellow stage 4ers hope and encouragement. Well done πŸ‘πŸ‘ :x::x:

Sparrow

@Scattyblonde ... Yay! you have earned super star status ... Congrats!! you are amazing!! fantastic news....hugs :x::x::x:

lola14

Very best wishes to you @Scattybonde, fantastic. Linda :x:

Marnypots

Great news Beth

Gypsy

Wonderful news @Scattyblonde . Really happy for you. You and BearG. It's such great news. :x::x::x::x::x::x:

HH79

Marvellous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done Beth @Scattyblonde :x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

Sparkles

@Scattyblonde made my day this has 😍 Congratulations :x::x:

Scattyblonde

Thank you all, keeping everything crossed it isn't too short lived. :x::x::x:

Lupin

Fabulous news :x:

xSazx

We have another CT scan next week which will be almost 2 years since diagnosis. The nerves are kicking in big time. Your post has given us the boost of positivity we so need. Thanks for posting. :x:

DianeS

Such brilliant news @Scattyblonde lots of love Diane :x::x::x:

mem

Fantastic news @Scattyblonde! So happy for you ☺️ :x::x:

Rachel

Nice one, so happy for you. :x::x::x:

Tiffany

@Scattyblonde

What fantastic news. So pleased for you :x::x: