Stage 4 bowel cancer

cara

Area of concern on mri but not showing on ct scan

So went to see liver surgeon today and was hoping for date for liver op however mri has shown an area of concern on my liver. They don't know what it is. It could be cancer growing on top of the liver or scar tissue from previous op. The thing is it didn't show up in the ct scan and nothing showed up 6 weeks ago on a pet scan. Has anyone else had this? I think they will end up putting a camera in to check. If it's cancer growing on top of liver they will put me back on chemo (I'm not good on chemo :( and if it not then they will do liver op. It just feels like one step forward and 2 steps back. Why is it so hard to beat this disease? Xx sending love n hugs to all. :x::x::x:

Bear G

Hi @cara
Sorry to hear about this and hopefully it’s a blip rather than a major issue.
The good thing about having a range of scans is that they can show up different things and your team is clearly being very thorough before operating on you, that’s a good thing!

It’s not uncomfortable scar tissue to show up differently, for me I had some areas to watch on my PET scan late last year, but the CT scan was able to clearly show it as scar tissue.

Gingers crossed the camera shows it as scars so your team can crack on with your liver surgery, if not and it turns out you need chemo then ask your team about other chemo options. We all react differently to the different treatments so it may just be a case of finding the right one for you.

Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

determinedjoan

V sorry 😐 to hear that you hv new concerns about ur treatment @cara ; thinking of u & sending love 💗, hugs 🤗 & healing vibes :x:

farahat

do you know your CEA level for most patients CEA level will go up above normal if Bowel cancer has spread my pet scan shows area of concern on my liver i had a ct scan and MRI scan both showed no sign of cancer and my CEA level was within Limit pet scan can give you false positive or false negitive readings thats why you need CT or MRI scan but if your CEA level is within Limit i should not worry when I had a spot on my liver 3 years ago my CEA level went up to 15

cara

Hi farahat the surgeon has ordered a CEA test to check. Hopefully I will find out more Tuesday xxx thank you :x::x::x:

greyhound gal

It is always better to know @cara, isn’t it? It’s just the waiting to find out that’s horrible 😕
Best wishes, Wendy :x::x: