Question about scans
My boyfriend is due to start his fourth and final (for the time being) cycle of Xelox next Tuesday. We knew that he was going to be having scans after that to see if the chemo has worked, but when he received the scan appointments they'd scheduled the CT scan for the same afternoon as his chemotherapy appointment, and the MRI scan for a couple of days after that. He decided that he wouldn't feel well enough to go to either of those appointments so has rescheduled both of them. Now the MRI won't be until 30 April! That seems like quite a long time to wait and I'm wondering if he should ring back and try to rebook the original appointment.
I think he wasn't sure about the original MRI appointment being so soon after chemo because his side effects are at their worst for the first few days after getting the oxaliplatin, but also because he gets such bad claustrophobia that he had to take diazepam the last time he had an MRI, so he thought it might all be a bit too much for his body.
Does anyone have any advice about having scans whilst in the throes of chemo side effects? I'm not really sure what we should do now because they might have given away the original appointments to someone else anyway.
I'm also hoping that he will be able to switch to private medical care after this last cycle, so maybe that will give us the chance to get scan appointments a bit quicker. Just not sure exactly when to make the switch!