Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

HH

devastating news

Good evening all

Tim my beautiful husband and soul mate died suddenly and unexpectedly on 7/1/19 age 40. His cancer was stage 2. The surgery went well and he recovered well (complex Haartmans and colostomy). He started mop up chemo (only as a precaution) on 5/1/19 had a sudden cardiac arrest sat next to me at home on 6/1/19 and never woke up but was declared dead at the JR. The post mortem showed the capecitabine caused his death. Inquest starts in July

My heart is shattered i am broken without him
Helen

MrsMoors

Oh @HH I am so very sorry to read this:( xx huge hugs to you.

Bear G

My condolences @HH
Thinking of you and your family.
:x::x:

Rachel

Thinking of you and the rest of your family @HH. My deepest sympathies. :x::x:

Stuart

I am new to the forum - but my deepest sympathies at this difficult time :x::x:

Spanner

Deepest sympathy, sending positive thoughts to you and your family.

ChrisLay

So sorry to hear this @HH. My condolences to you and your family :x::x:

1234annie

I am so sorry to see this 😢 @HH
Sending you lots of love.

lisa7

Dear @HH very sorry to hear the tragic news. I am very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family. :x::x::x:

Richard Staff (Support and Information)

Hello @HH I'm so sorry to hear your terrible news.

I just wanted to pass on my best wishes from everyone here at Bowel Cancer UK. You're very much in our thoughts and please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

Take care, Richard

Lady B

Absolutely heart breaking news @HH, thinking of you :x::x:

HH

Thank you all for your words I will never be the same again I am incomplete now but have to go on for our daughters I never thought I would be a widow at 37 and planning my husbands funeral :x:

determinedjoan

Soooo v tragic; can’t begin to imagine how u must be feeling/coping. Sincerely hope I hv lots of practical help & support.
Know that we are all with u in spirit :x::x::x:

kitti

I'm so so sorry to read this @HH , it just really brings home how very cruel and unfair this awful disease is. How unfair he was post op and had got so far in his journey, there's nothing I can say as your news is so heartbreaking. I'm sending all my love to you and your children. Hugs :x::x::x:

Dan-888

Devastating.
I'm so very, deeply sorry to read of this, Helen @HH .
My deepest condolences to you all.
Dan

SariDaffs

I am so sorry @HH ! Your news is unbearable to read and I send condolences and love to you and your family. Sarah :x::x:

AliceB

This is truly awful , my deepest condolences :x::x:

GD62

So very sorry Helen, @HH to read your news about your husband Tim and such a young age with only stage 2 his survival rate should have been good. The tragedy that he died due to an adverse effect of capecitabine is very sobering, and highlight that chemotherapy treatment is a high risk therapeutic intervention.

My deepest sympathy :x::x::x:

Swanseacat

Oh my goodness. I’m on the forum or Facebook very rarely now and just read this. I’m so very sorry. There is nothing helpful I can say. Hoping you find strength and support to get you through :x::x::x:

abergirl

Dear @HH. I don't know if you will see this, but I have often thought of you, and I know the inquest for Tim is in July. Please know I am thinking of you, and hope you have been given strength to bear this awful time. Sending love to you and your children.:x::x::x:

Lawsey

Dear @HH words are just not adequate.
What a shock. Unexpected.
All my strength and love to you :x::x: