Life with bowel cancer

Adnyl

Follow up surgeon appointment today

Surgeon told me to go away and pick up my life again and he'll see me in 6 months. Get a scan in September. He said there's a 60 to 70% chance of being cured. That's not as high as i thought :( scary

ch7091

So that means there is a higher chance of being cured than not cured! Try and focus on the things that you can do to reduce that gap even more. I found the Anti Cancer Way of Life an interesting read, and the studies on recurrence rates and exercise are showing good results. So keep as fit and healthy as you can, and there is every chance you will be fine.

Good luck,
Jodie :x::x:

EssexDan

My oncologist told me 67% chance of being cured without any chemo!
All we can do is focus on being in that % bracket. You came this far and all has been fine.
Do exactly that @Adnyl move on and enjoy every second of every day. :x::x:

Gypsy

I think that is very good news @Adnyl. :x::x:

angelj

Wishing you the very best @Adnyl :x::x:

bettebette

That sounds like good news @Adnyl 😊⭐️👍🏻

greyhound gal

Statistics!!! You are not a statistic @Adnyl! I think what @EssexDan is the way to be, move on and enjoy your life!
Best wishes, Wendy :x::x:

Lizalou

No, you are not a statistic @Adnyl.
Remember that those figures include all the frail elderly with additional complications. And remember all those now living happily on active cancer treatment, who wouldn't have survived a few years ago when the statistics were complied.
:x::x:

Baxter2

Fantastic news @Adnyl!

Time to leave all this cancer business behind and move get on with living once again!

Lots of love

Karen 💚💜❤️💙💛

Sele2017

@Andnyl, I refuse to be a statistic, so ur not a statistic too, go and enjoy your life. Good news.:x::x:

GD62

Hello @Andnyl

It's all relative mine is 30 to 40%, so not bad, be like me just do your own thing for the six months between CT scans, worrying won't make that much difference to the outcome. As @Baxter2 and I agree a new frock might cheer you up, it usually does me, and I look better than @Baxter2 in sequins...hugs xxx

cyclingjohnny

Hi I look at it this way, we are100 percent alive today, you can't live tomorrow yet, so 100 percent is good, cheers. John.

Baxter2

Haha! You're a hoot @GD62 Where on earth do you find these pics? 😂😂😂😂

Karen 💜💛❤️💙💚

GD62

Hi @Baxter2 they are all selfies that I snap with my frocks from my collection from 'Cock in a Frock Haute Facon Range' lolx

Baxter2

😂😂😂😂 @GD62

Gypsy

@GD62 , love it! :x::x::x::x::x::x:

jean

Wit woo @GD62 love it :x::x: