Stage 4 bowel cancer

berkshireboy99

Scan update news

Radiotherapy blasted away the lymph nodes that were in the bowel area - that area is now clear on scans of any lymph node involvement .

The radiation treatment did a good job there.

Down side is a few more nodes higher up are now showing up which weren’t before which is very disappointing. Onc confirmed they can be treated by radiation therapy.

No changes to the small uptake in the liver according to the CT scan.

Going to be taking another MRI scan in a few weeks and will take things from there.

Bowel has been a bit of a nightmare the last month or so and it’s most likely I’m suffering radiation proctitis so the camera is going up the backside in a few weeks time to see the damage.

Mixed feelings to be honest.

Gypsy

It sounds like good news in the main @berkshireboy99 . I'm so sorry that you are sore due to radiation damage. You really have been through it and no wonder you have mixed feelings. Sending healing thoughts. Love Gypsyx

Lizalou

Hi @berkshireboy99
How frustrating for you. It is great that the radiotherapy works so well, miserable that it blasts away too effectively. Hope you feel more comfortable soon. :x:

berkshireboy99

Got the results of a PET scan during the week - something is now showing up on a lung. Depressing doesn’t even come close.

waiteh

I don't know what to say. I guess its exhausting for u to process the information u have been given. U have responded well.ro radiotherapy though so the tumour is blasted and the radio can do it again. Let's hope the lung doesn't amount to much.. pets pick up all sorts. Is it possible u r recovering from a cold/virus with a cough or chest infection etc?

berkshireboy99

It was described as ‘something very small’ on the scan. Ironically I was someone who always used to get colds but haven’t had one since I was diagnosed in Dec 2017.

Oncologist has offered more chemo but I really don’t want to go through all that shit again

terri m

Sorry to hear your news @berkshireboy99 .. Thinking of you.. Lots on here with positive stories with lung mets... Trust in your health team xxx💝💗🤞

yellowhornet

I really, really wish my other half could have more chemo. He is so ill now, he can’t have more chemo. If he could he would, that “shit” is better than the absolute deterioration we have now. If I were you, or Chris were you, he would take chemo shit any day. Sorry if this comes over a bit blunt.

Afraidboy
Quote from @berkshireboy99:
Got the results of a PET scan during the week - something is now showing up on a lung. Depressing doesn’t even come close.

Hello.

I know how you feel. It's one thing after another! One minute I was clear, then I had another scan and then they found two lung nodules, so didn't really explain much through a letter just to say that they're closely monitoring it and will need another scan end of April and find out middle of May. It's all too long and this one is from the scan in January. I'm keeping my faith and just hoping it was from the flu virus I had back then. Keep going and be strong that's what I'm doing.

determinedjoan

Hang on in there @Afraidboy; never give up hope. There are treatments available for lung mets. Keep going & be strong 💪 is great; v well done 👍 u ! :x:

HH79

Hey @berkshireboy99 hang in there I know it all takes so long but amaZing on the lymphs! And for more! Sometimes lymphs are too scattered for radiotherapy so fact yours are do able is fab as once lymphs beaten away, liver / lung things might be able to be chopped out! And re chemo, there could be maintenance options vs hardcore stuff too. :x::x:

berkshireboy99

Thanks for the comments. Remission seems a long long way off. As it’s Friday night I am seeking solace in Mr Vino

DianeS

Stay hopeful and believe in yourself @berkshireboy99. The news of recurrence really hits hard, but I’m sure you will come back fighting again. Hope your vino has helped this evening......tomorrow is a new day and I hope you wake up feeling positive. Love D :x::x::x::x:

berkshireboy99

Full respect to everyone who can remain positive- I genuinely don’t know how you do. I can’t see anyway out of this for me now.

annie50C

Keep going @berkshireboy99 you are doing so well to cope with this. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully they can treat like the onc said with radio which can be very effective.. stay strong, lots of love Annie :x::x::x:

MrsMoors
Quote from @berkshireboy99:
Full respect to everyone who can remain positive- I genuinely don’t know how you do. I can’t see anyway out of this for me now.

Keep going buddy, some good news will come soon :x::x:

berkshireboy99

I’m hoping some good news comes sooner rather than later. Sometimes you think you are making progress and then the next scan results come in and it’s a different situation altogether