General discussion

emsie

Hello. Just had first consultation

Hello.. today I had first appt with gastrologist regarding tummy pain, blood in stools and frequent diahorrea. Dr referred me to hosp as my immflamation markers are high and my cal protec level was 504. Consultant has decided I need a colonoscopy so am waiting for a date for that.. I’m a very anxious person and have googled stuff so much I’m in bits.. I have been viewing this page since feb so thought I would say hi.

determinedjoan

Welcome to our brilliant forum; we will be here for u whatever investigations reveal.
V best of luck with everything :x:

Calleyh

This forum is brilliant. You’ll get so much comfort and support. Use the magnifying glass to search for words and the system will find everything matching. Don’t google. You’ll be told that a lot here. We also send big hugs. So big hug to you.

emsie

Thank you... :x::x:

greyhound gal

Hello @emsie , you must stop googling! If you want to know anything ask on here, there’s a wealth of wisdom and advice.
Best wishes, Wendy :x::x:

emsie

Yes I will stop that.. it’s made me a wreck.. 😬 thank you for reply. Xx

Quote from @greyhound gal:
Hello @emsie , you must stop googling! If you want to know anything ask on here, there’s a wealth of wisdom and advice.
Best wishes, Wendy

bettebette

Hello @emsie I am sorry you are feeling unwell, however I will agree with everyone else and advise you not to Google, there is a wealth of information on this site and forum (we will all try to help if we can)
Do bear in mind that there are other gastrointestinal disorders that cause your type of symptoms.
Sending best wishes (and fingers crossed for a date for the colonoscopy soon) :x::x:

emsie

Thank you for reply.. I just pray that scope will give me some answers and hopefully this anxiety and fear of not knowing will subside. Xxx

Quote from @bettebette:
Hello @emsie I am sorry you are feeling unwell, however I will agree with everyone else and advise you not to Google, there is a wealth of information on this site and forum (we will all try to help if we can)
Do bear in mind that there are other gastrointestinal disorders that cause your type of symptoms.
Sending best wishes (and fingers crossed for a date for the colonoscopy soon)

bettebette

Hello @emsie, I’m my experience, and something I have read often on here, the result of a scope is often immediate ( and biopsy/confirmation is also pretty quick)Best wishes :x:

missed

Hi emsie. I am also waiting for a date for a colonoscopy. Google has been my worse nightmare over the last few months so if you can stay off it then do.

emsie

I’m terrible.. I googled everything.. scared myself witless.. spoke with consultant yesterday and he said the same stay away lol.. I’m just hoping it’s not to long wait for scope date.. he said between 2-4 weeks..

Quote from @missed:
Hi emsie. I am also waiting for a date for a colonoscopy. Google has been my worse nightmare over the last few months so if you can stay off it then do.

missed
Quote from @emsie:
I’m terrible.. I googled everything.. scared myself witless.. spoke with consultant yesterday and he said the same stay away lol.. I’m just hoping it’s not to long wait for scope date.. he said between 2-4 weeks..

Well my appointment was 2 weeks yesturday and haven't heard anything yet. Really hoping its not too much longer ive had symptoms for 2 years now!!!

emsie

Me to. What symptoms have u been having.. xx

Quote from @missed:
Well my appointment was 2 weeks yesturday and haven't heard anything yet. Really hoping its not too much longer ive had symptoms for 2 years now!!!