Life with bowel cancer

KatieR

Spoke too soon ☹️

Last week we celebrated our first full week of absolutely NO appointments with any medical people by going away in the Motorhome to Burrs Country Park just outside Bury
We had only been there 24 hrs when our ColoRectal Nurse rang .....
and said that Johns CEA Had gone up to 30 and could we go for a CT scan the next day at 08:10 I managed to persuade her to make it 11:30 as we definitely do not do anything at 08:10 except maybe go for a wee !
So now we are home Really fed up that our All Clear announcement was perhaps a little premature
The nurse said it was just a precaution and not to worry ...but it’s impossible not to feel anxious
Even though 30 is not very high and the CEA test is not very accurate anyway ...blah blah blah ! !
So I feel like we are back to square one ...completely in limbo till we hear the results
I think they will do the usual rigmarole of ...its not clear we need to do an MRI ...
SO We wait for that appointment go for the MRI ...Wait for the results..
Then get sent for the PET Scan ! ! etc etc
Lets just keep our fingers crossed that its nothing to worry about
Bl@@dy Scanxiety will we ever be rid of it !
Cath :x::x:

cyclingjohnny

so sorry to hear the bad news,sending big hugs,no doubt you two will soon pick yourself's up, all the best for the future, john. xxx.

tmac63

Sorry to hear it was bad news. Sending you hugs 🤗 Tracey :x:

bettebette

So sorry to hear that the news wasn’t good @KatieR. I hope the treatment plan is soon in place and you can get on with it quickly :x::x::x:

penjay1902

So sorry to hear this @KatieR. Thinking of you both. Hopefully you will get a treatment plan soon.:x::x::x:

Lexi

@KatieR There is not a lot I can say, except it is gutting when you here this, we have had the same situation except 6 metastasis in the liver and nodules in both lungs :( I have began to look at our cancer journey as a treatment for a Long term illness. Sending you lots of hugs :x::x::x:

greyhound gal

Very sorry to hear your news @KatieR, rest up, try to do some fun things and then get ready for chemo. Best wishes, Wendy :x::x:

Baxter2

@KatieR

Hi Cath,

I'm so sorry to read your news this evening. Allow yourselves the time and the space to process this information. I hope that in a few days, you'll both feel a little brighter and stronger and ready for the next challenge.

Sending loads of love

Karen💛💜❤️💙💚

island girl

@KatieR, so sorry, love & hugs :x::x::x:

jinnyp

So sorry you’ve had this news @KatieR .... hopefully John won’t have to wait too long to start chemo to blast the buggers!! Sending love Jane :x::x::x:

Pam

So very sorry @KatieR :x::x::x:

Salgal

@KatieR so sorry to be reading this 😞 take a little time for it to sink in, and hopefully there won’t be a too long wait to get things moving, gentle hugs :x::x::x:

terri m

Sorry to hear about johns reocurrance @KatieR .. Sending you my thoughts. Bloody cancer!!! Love & hugs :x::x::x:

ElaineG

So sorry to hear of your latest setback @KatieR. Sending love and hugs to you both ❤️❤️

KatieR

Thanks everyone your love and support is very much appreciated..
We now have to wait for the Oncologist to get in touch with the Chemotherapy schedule
What Joy 😳
Cath :x::x:

Karen17

@KatieR. So sorry to hear the latest news. Hope you don't have too long to wait before his treatment starts. Best wishes :x::x:

Afraidboy
Quote from @Lexi:
@KatieR There is not a lot I can say, except it is gutting when you here this, we have had the same situation except 6 metastasis in the liver and nodules in both lungs I have began to look at our cancer journey as a treatment for a Long term illness. Sending you lots of hugs

Sorry to hear about this. It's one thing after another. I'm waiting again to find out if I have lung cancer (They not told me this bit yet) I got told in my last scan that they have found two lung nodules. Not sure what to think about this and waiting since January to Middle of May to find out if so, or not so. I hope the treatment goes well and we can all beat this dilemma. I'm praying for you and myself of course and I'm hoping that I don't have a secondary cancer. We all stick together :x:

MrsMoors

Huge hugs lovely, words cannot Express how angry I feel on your behalf. Xxxx chin up :x::x:

snowsister

@KatieR
Dear Cath and John...so sorry to read your update... I can only imagine how deflated you must be feeling right now.... but the 2 of you are so strong... you work together so well.... you have got this, we know how effective the treatments can be from our fellow forumites.... hoping your oncologist is ready to work some magic.
love and hugs to you both❤️💪🏻❤️💪🏻

abergirl

Fi ngers crossed so hard for you..it's truly awful waiting for news and new info....hope everything gets going quickly. Also. @Afraidboy that's a dreadfully long time between appointments for you ..gosh. .hoping the news will be better than you think. Love to all :x::x:

Catlover

Hi @KatieR so sorry to hear your news. Nothing I can say will change it but, as you told me about a year ago, there is a whole family here rooting for you and John. I know from your previous posts that you are strong and, although you may have numerous wobbles which are allowed, the strength and love of your family will help you get through this. Don’t forget to look after yourself as in your determination to be strong for John you can put your own needs to one side. Love and best wishes Caroline :x::x::x: