General Discussion

bexly33

Second year CT scan

Had the results of my CT scan just over a week ago by phone (I telephoned for results). Was told no sign of cancer by the CR nurse, but there was a cyst in the liver that had grown and they wanted someone to look at it. They said all this would be put in a letter. I have not heard anything else yet. Should I follow this up or am I being impatient. I am worried about this. Has anyone had a similar result? Thank you for any info. I still follow the forum even tho I don't post much now. I find it very comforting. xxx🤗

DianeS

Hi @bexly33 I can understand your anxiety. There is no harm giving them a call and finding out what has happened. It’s only natural that you want to resolve this ASAP. Hope you manage to speak to someone who can help you. Great need that your scan was clear, you must be so pleased. Diane :x::x::x::x::x:

bexly33

Thank you @DianeS. Yes, I am very pleased, but will feel better when I know about this cyst. Will post results. I was pleased to read that your last PET in January was clear. Good luck with your next one. xxx🤗

terri m

Hi @bexly33 .. Think I would chase it up. If it were me, or you will only worry .. Pleased to hear your results are clear👍.. How long did you wait for results?? I had my scan about 10 days ago. Heard nothing yet🤔 :x::x::x:

Mags54

Hi @bexly33 My first scan after my treatment finished showed that I had a nodule on my spleen. Being me, I panicked and hardly heard the rest of the conversation, that everything else looked really good. Good job my husband was with me. That was November ‘17. In March ‘18 after another CT scan they told me everything was all clear. I’ve since (February)had another scan which again was all clear. I hope this helps. Best of wishes to you :x::x::x::x::x:

bexly33

Thanks for replying @Mags54. I will ring hospital tmrw, but think the Consultant will be on.holiday as its Easter. Ive a splenic artery aneurysm which was picked up on first ever scan and was told it probably had been there years. It had enlarged slightly last year, but I don't know about this year. What a performance. Glad to hear your scans are clear, long may they continue to be. Best wishes to you too. xxx🤗

bexly33

Hi @terri m. Yes, I am ringing the hospital tmrw to see if there is more news. I'm not on here often now, but do browse regularly. My scan was 27 March and I rang a week later and nurse gave me the results . Good luck with your scan results and hope you hear something soon. Take care
Linda xxx🤗

Karen17

Hi @bexly33. Good to hear your results were clear. Hope you get some answers and reassurance today.
Good luck with your results too @terri m
:x::x:

charleyb

Charlie had a liver cyst show up on his end of treatment CT, it was followed up by mri to confirm definitely a cyst and nothing more. It may be worth a call to see if an mri can be arranged to check it. :x::x:

bettebette

That sounds like good news @bexly33
I hope the cyst is just that :x::x:

bexly33
Quote from @Karen17:
Hi @bexly33. Good to hear your results were clear. Hope you get some answers and reassurance today.
Good luck with your results too @terri m

Hi ,@Karen17. Thank you for your good wishes. Have left a message so hopefully someone will get back to me with some info. Hope you are ok. xxx🤗

bexly33

@bettebette @charleyb. Thank you both for your comments. It's such a waiting game when I want to know yesterday! Mind you, we have all been doing that at some time or another. Take care xxx🤗🤗