General discussion

1234annie

Results tomorrow.....

Hi All,
Had my colonoscopy last week and an area of abnormality was found over the join which is bleeding. I'm really hoping it's not local recurrance as it wasn't there 6 months ago. Of all the days...tomorrow is my 38th birthday so really hoping cancer is not my f*cking gift again. We tried to get some info Friday when I got the call to come in as I was beside myself. The only thing my colorectal nurse said was regardless of what the biopsey results are it's got to come out. I'm wondering if it will be another resection or a bag and they will take the bloody lot this time. I know everyone seems to be going though this again and we were all diagnosed around the same time 😔. The shitty gift that keeps on giving. Annie :x: :x:

penjay1902

So sorry to hear this @1234annie . Hopefully it can all get sorted quickly. :x::x:

ElaineR

So sorry to hear your news @1234annie I hope you’ve had more time to take things in. I hope you at least enjoyed opening some birthday cards & presents. Take care & Happy Birthday from me :x::x:

kidsversuscopy
Quote from @1234annie:
How soon did u tell kids @kidsversuscopy we have so much other wank going on we've been told to not say yet.

I told them straightaway - I’m not very good at keeping secrets. It helps me to deal with stuff once it’s out in the open and my psychologist agrees. I try to be as honest with them as I can. I wasn’t back on chemo but there were ops in Bristol and then London so I was away from home for a chunk of time. :x::x:

1234annie
Quote from @kidsversuscopy:
I told them straightaway - I’m not very good at keeping secrets. It helps me to deal with stuff once it’s out in the open and my psychologist agrees. I try to be as honest with them as I can. I wasn’t back on chemo but there were ops in Bristol and then London so I was away from home for a chunk of time.

Ok, my eldest asked last night. She said she just felt like I wasn't tell her something. I said to Stu if she asks again
I'm gonna say that when they did the colonoscopy they found cancer cells at the join so I need some surgery and a bit more chemo. I hope that won't sound too scary for them. :x: :x:

Karen17
Quote from @1234annie:
How soon did u tell kids

Hi @1234annie. My own mum was diagnosed with a serious illness when I was around 7. My parents told us fairly soon after diagnosis but didn't go into too much detail but would answer any questions honestly. We always knew if she'd got more bad news as the atmosphere would become more tense. Kids pick up on these things so not having it explained (for me anyway) would have been scarier. I know your kids are slightly older ... would Maggie's have any advice or support? You know your kids better than anyone. Good luck whatever you decide. Sending hugs and best wishes :x::x:

1234annie
Quote from @Karen17:
Hi @1234annie. My own mum was diagnosed with a serious illness when I was around 7. My parents told us fairly soon after diagnosis but didn't go into too much detail but would answer any questions honestly. We always knew if she'd got more bad news as the atmosphere would become more tense. Kids pick up on these things so not having it explained (for me anyway) would have been scarier. I know your kids are slightly older ... would Maggie's have any advice or support? You know your kids better than anyone. Good luck whatever you decide. Sending hugs and best wishes

I've just done It, I took two Prozac so I didn't cry and it worked. My daughter cried a bit but I said she had to trust me that I got though it last time and I would do it again. My little boy was ok and was pleased we'd have the summer off together again. The first time was awful and I looked like I was going to die and I suppose it's still business as usual so they are less worried. I actually believed there was hope too as I was saying it. 😔

annie50C

There is @1234annie. There absolutely is. you will smash this again. They have caught it early and you will get through. Lots of love, strength and hugs Annie :x::x::x::x:

Karen17

@1234annie. I'm relieved you've had that chat with them. It's a difficult enough time for everyone without trying to keep it secret. I am sure your two feel very grown up and probably appreciate being included. I have every hope for you too Annie ... you've done it once and will find a way through again ❤:x::x:

angel090

So sorry you have more surgery to face 😟. I’m just wondering if they know it’s a recurrence and not scar tissue at the join? It seems weird that its not shown on the scan. Sending love :x::x:

kellyh15

@1234annie Well Done for biting the bullet, it’s one if the hardest things to do but for what it’s worth I think you’ve done the right thing. I know your scared right now but remember this is contained and your ct a week ago was clear. You’ll get over this bump in the road, I’m sure of it 🙏🙏😘😘 lots of love :x::x::x::x:

determinedjoan

Belated birthday greetings @1234annie .
So sorry that you’re now facing further treatment, but good news that Ct scan shows no spread.
Thinking of u & sending love & hugs 🤗 :x:

greyhound gal

Sending you lots hugs, positive thoughts and strength @1234annie :x::x:

1234annie
Quote from @angel090:
So sorry you have more surgery to face 😟. I’m just wondering if they know it’s a recurrence and not scar tissue at the join? It seems weird that its not shown on the scan. Sending love

Yes they know it's recurrance as it's bleeding and contains the same cancer cells as before which showed on biopsey. He thinks some escaped and then hid in the join (bastards). The PET and MRI will tell me more but he thinks it's local. I'm pleased they are sending me for this hot chemo bath though. :x:

charleyb

@1234annie Annie have a search on here for hipec, @Bridget55 and @Baxter2 will be able to give you some more info too. Your team are so on top of this, biggest hugs :x::x::x::x:

1234annie
Quote from @charleyb:
@1234annie Annie have a search on here for hipec, @Bridget55 and @Baxter2 might be able to give you some more info too. Your team are so on top of this, biggest hugs

I've been chatting to @Baxter2 and she's preped me for it !!! Bring it on! :x: :x:

annie50C

!!@1234annie that’s it we want it done and gone ! Xxx Annie xxc

Baxter2

Yes we have chatted @@charleyb and Annie's doing the right thing in seeking support on here and doing a bit of reading up! Another person who's had HIPEC is @GD62 and I think @Chelts too. I'm here anytime for you @1234annie
Lots of love to you all

Karen💚💛💙❤️💜

Bridget55

Hi thanks @Baxter2. If you need any further chats too then give us a shout @1234annie. It was all pretty straightforward for me. I was out of hospital within 10 days and up and about driving after 4 weeks. If you have the chance to go for it then for what it’s worth my recommendation is to go for it. Mine was 2 years ago and still fighting fit on maint chemo as @Baxter2 who was role model for this in the first place! :x:

Baxter2

Haha! I'm not too sure about that @Bridget55 !

Mine was a little less straightforward as had a couple of complications which kept me in hospital for just over a month (also maybe because upon discharge, I was flying home?) my recovery was also a bit of a slog and definitely took 5 months (again, due to another complication) Delighted to say that after 5 months, I felt amazing and pretty 'normal' again! I'd do it all again in a heartbeat and have absolutely no regrets! As you probably know, I've just had my first clear scan EVER! All well worth the effort!

Take care @1234annie and @Bridget55 and hope you both have a good day!

Karen💜💛💚💙❤️

Chelts
Quote from @Baxter2: Another person who's had HIPEC is @GD62 and I think @Chelts too.

Karen💚💛💙❤️💜

I have indeed. Have a read of this website, created by the Colorectal Team at Sutton Coldfield Good Hope, where I was treated......... www.peritonealsurgery.co.uk/