Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

matilda

Hospital

Hi... have to someone tell me everything will gonna be ok. Waiting for my brother come to mind boys, so I could go to hospital. Did call ambulance this morning and hubby is in hospital..waiting for results of blood tests. He started chemotherapy on last Thursday(5th cycle) but have diarrhoea already week.. some how managed with medicine. But last two days doesn't feel good at all, extremely bloted and very exhausted..don't have appetite.. have lost 4 more kg during last week. Trying to take fluid as much as possible. But there is a little blood in stool again.
It is too much to handle... 😒

Gypsy

Dear @matilda, just to say thinking of you all and remembering you in prayers too. He will feel so much better once the blockage is cleared. Doctors ALWAYS give out worst case scenarios at times when people are least able to take the news. I don't know why and think it is cruel really. :x::x::x::x::x::x:

Lirio345

I hope you are continuing to feel better @matilda, and that your husband carries on improving, take very good care, Kim :x::x:

Baxter2

More good wishes from me this morning @matilday. I hope today is a better one and things gradually move (quite literally!!) in the right direction!

Sending lots of love to you all and that wonderful brother of yours!

KarenπŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈ

bettebette

I hope you are feeling somewhat better today @matilda, and sending good wishes to your husband :x::x:

matilda

@Gypsy thank you πŸ’› Just had a talk with our youngest ones school office the same, as all is very involved how the things going in our family at the moment. They wondered the same, why they give all those worse possibilities before results.. 😒
@Lirio345 @bettebette @Baxter2 thanks! Hubby is still waiting what they have decide to do, they didn't even give any laxative yesterday, just monitoring. Today gave some sachet, but bowel movements are still without changes, bloated and just few winds. They said..they still waiting for gastroenterologist to come and decide. Any ideas what would be the options...decisions..to clear this blockage?

determinedjoan

Thinking of you all & sending all my love. Hang on in there, sure you’ll both start feeling better soon :x::x::x:

terri m

Thinking of you both @matilda .. You rest up. When you are both better do plan something nice togetherxπŸ’—πŸ’

determinedjoan

How’re u all today @matilda ?
Thinking of u n sending love & hugs :x:

Baxter2

Hi @matilda

Just wanted to check in with you and ask how things are today?

Sending lots of love to you all!

KarenπŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’š

matilda

@determinedjoan @Baxter2 thanks for asking..πŸ™ Sorry, didn't reply earlier. Latest update is that Andres bowel movements slowly and painfully are coming back to normal with laxatives and special diet. His appetite is back and enjoying hospital food, peace and quiet.. I made a surprise visit on Friday night, had dinner together. But the plan is to have radiation on tumor as soon as possible..and oncologist will come tomorrow with exact plan what chemo and when to start again. All we can do to keep praying that while he is off treatment cancer is not spreading 😞
Myself.. I feel much better, no fever, ready for new week. Boys are keeping me busy, but at the same time gives me a lot of strenght and energy to not give up and help our daddy to get well!πŸ’›

charleyb

So pleased to read your update @matilda , looks like its moving in the right direction. Radio really zapped Charlies rectal tumour, so fingers crossed same for you guys. And really pleased you are feeling better too, sending love and hugs :x::x::x:

Baxter2

What a lovely update @matilda

I'm so glad to see everything seems to be improving.

Lots of love

KarenπŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’œπŸ’›

Lirio345

Really good to read this update @matilda, take very good care, Kim :x::x:

mandajayne

glad to hear things are improving.. what a rollercoaster this is hey!!.. sending love and strength :x::x:

KatieR

Hello @matilda I am so happy to read your latest post
Its lovely to have some good news for you both
Cath :x::x:

greyhound gal

Good to read your positive update @matilda
Sending hugs, Wendy :x::x:

Gypsy

Thank you for this @matilda. I'm sending love to you all. Gypsyxx

strongsami

Hello @matilda so happy to read things are improving. :x::x::x:

justhope

@matilda sounds a very positive update, it's amazing how things feel so much better with improvement however small, it increases hope and gives more strength both to patient and careers and all loved ones. Children are amazing at keeping us going too, love to you :x::x:

Baxter2

Good morning @matilda

Just wondering how Andres is doing now and how are you?

Thinking of you both

Lots of love

KarenπŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’›