Get involved

Walk Together team

Walk Together Edinburgh - Sunday 1 September 2019

This is a space for everyone coming to Walk Together Edinburgh, anyone thinking of attending and for everyone who is supporting them!

Whether you're coming on your own or as part of team, say hi to everyone and talk about the day. The start point will also be a great place to meet everyone on the day itself.

Walk Together, our annual sponsored five mile walks, are a fantastic way to bring people together to show support for those undergoing treatment, remember loved ones and help stop people dying of bowel cancer. It’s for people of all ages and abilities.

You can find more and sign up at www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk/walktogether

Walk Together team

We're getting super excited for the walk now - who else is looking forward to it?

Let's get to know each other - I'm Emma, and this will be my second Walk Together event. How about you? :D

Baxter2

Hi @Walk Together team Emma!

I'm going to sign up for this and as far as I'm aware, so are @mikey83 @Adnyl and @dennis

I'm hoping more from Scotland will, do the same and we can combine the walk with a little social meet up together over a light refreshment and a bite to eat!

Thank you for highlighting this!

Karen πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’œ

Baxter2

Signed up and had my first donation already! Hoping to meet up with some of you Scottish forum friends!

Karen πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™β€οΈ

dennis

See you there Baxter2 my wife is also doing it with me :x::x:

Baxter2

Brilliant @dennis! Looking forward to seeing you both there!

I've just watched a wee video clip of the walks and realised it's 5 miles NOT 5k!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I better get some training in!! πŸ€ͺ

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’š

dennis

Lol my golf course is about a 5 mile walk so hopefully that will be my training are you taking your dog with you @Baxter2 :x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

I wasn’t thinking I would Dennis as she’s almost 10 months so would be too far for her. I could mind you as I have a little
Bag to carry her in when she gets tired! I was going to use it for my β€˜training’ ! How about you? Are we allowed dogs? :x::x:

Baxter2

Great @Adnyl! Hopefully we'll have a good day and raise some much needed funds for BCUK in the process! :x::x::x::x:

dennis

@Baxter2 ive seen it somewhere that you are allowed dogs :x::x:

Baxter2

I might check then and take her (with her little bag for carrying when she's walked enough!) Do,you and @Adnyl,have dogs and if so, are you taking them along too?

Walk Together team
Quote from @Baxter2:
Hi @Walk Together team Emma!

I'm going to sign up for this and as far as I'm aware, so are @mikey83 @Adnyl and @dennis

I'm hoping more from Scotland will, do the same and we can combine the walk with a little social meet up together over a light refreshment and a bite to eat!

Thank you for highlighting this!

Karen πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’œ

No problem @Baxter2, we can't wait for event and it'll be lovely to meet you all! @mikey83 @Adnyl and @dennis :)

Walk Together team
Quote from @Baxter2:
I wasn’t thinking I would Dennis as she’s almost 10 months so would be too far for her. I could mind you as I have a little
Bag to carry her in when she gets tired! I was going to use it for my β€˜training’ ! How about you? Are we allowed dogs?

Hi @Baxter2, yes we allow dogs on the walk as long as they are on a lead and you tidy up after them. Hope that answers your question. Let me know if you have any further questions? Thanks Emma

Baxter2

@Walk Together team

Perfect! Thank you for answering that! Looking forward to the 1st! :x::x: