Younger people with bowel cancer

Waters32

New diagnosis

Hello everyone. I am 32 and have recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer with lung, liver and ovarian mets. I have had one round of chemo and 11 more cycles booked in.

I'm looking to find a community of people of a similar age as every environment I go to at the moment is full of older people, just to chat when needed really. I'm finding it hard as I have a 10 month old baby and my prognosis isn't great. I plan on being around for as long as possible but am looking for opportunities to talk to people in similar situations when needed.

Catt79

Hi @Waters32, I'm officially a bit too old for this group (39))but I just wanted to welcome you and say hi πŸ˜€ there; there are lots of friendly people to chat to across the forum.
I am also a mum with two boys and stage 4. Mine are older though, 8&10. Unbelievably, my team think they can cure me from stage 4 ( click on my name to see my details).
I think you find that, like yourself, most people on here are not prepared to be considered as just a statistic. I know that I want to learn as much as I can about this disease so so am as well-armed as possible πŸ’ͺ🏻 Big hugs and welcome :x::x::x:

tonibates1

@Waters32 Welcome to this wonderful site, everyone is great here, no matter what age, we all care and there are so many people who understand what you are going through. Take care. Toni :x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

Hi @Waters32 and a warm welcome to the forum.

I hope you find the forum a safe and supportive place and full of knowledge and experience regardless of age. The treatments are the same. I'm much older than you and my oldest son is the same age.

@DMR700, @soph86 and @HH79 would be worth connecting with so I've tagged them for you. There's also a closed FB group which may be of interest to you too. 'Living with Stage 4 Bowel Cancer UK' I'm an admin so can add you if you wish to join us!

Sending you lots of good wishes for the coming weeks and months ahead

Karen πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈ

HH79

@Waters32 hello and yes the Fb is very active with many young stage 4s lots love xx

EssexDan

@Waters32 . Sucks doesnt it! I hope that you can find some comfort here with us.

Waters32

Thank you so much for your kind replies. @Baxter2, if you could add me to the face book group I would appreciate it.
Despite a late diagnosis, I am hopefully very early on in my journey through this. All fingers and toes crossed.

soph86

Hi @Waters32 welcome and sorry for your news. I’m 33 so totally get it. I’m Sophia Sangchi on the fb group. Do join be lovely to have you there. Sadly there are a great number of us! Much love. :x::x:

Baxter2

Hi @Waters32

Just search for the Fb group and ask to join there. Someone will happily add you.

Take care

KarenπŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈ