Stage 4 bowel cancer

charleyb

Post liver resection

Hi guys, to those that have had a liver resection, how long did the tiredness go on for? Charlie is about 4 weeks or so post op, and looks and feels great and is back at work full time, but he still has bouts of extreme tiredness, hoping this is normal? Any experiences greatly appreciated :x::x::x:

Lizalou

Great news @charleyb . Frequent scans, although stressful, sound the best way forward. :x::x:

El Ivan

Brilliant news @charleyb

Clancy

Fabulous news @charleyb, such a relief for you all.:x::x:

dennis

Great news :x::x::x::x:

justhope

Amazing, so pleased for you, clink those glasses well, smiling as you do so. :x::x:

Ange1974

🥂🥂🥂wonderful 😊

Sean

Brilliant news @charleyb :)

charleyb
Quote from @Sean:
Brilliant news @charleyb

Thanks @Sean!! how are you doing? :x:

Sean
Quote from @charleyb:
Thanks @Sean!! how are you doing?

Doing really well thanks :) busy with family over but im managing myself well - i think :-/ my main thing is not lifting anytning heavy. Last op I went swimming after a few weeks and STUPIDLY pushing weights within a month. Big mistake!:x:

charleyb
Quote from @Sean:
Doing really well thanks busy with family over but im managing myself well - i think my main thing is not lifting anytning heavy. Last op I went swimming after a few weeks and STUPIDLY pushing weights within a month. Big mistake!

Glad you are doing well!!
I have told Charlie to take it easy! He is going to try the gym tomo, no core, and minimal weights, and then take our boys swimming on sunday (they are 3&5 so minimal actual swimming is done!!) hopefully it will not cause any issues......i`m amazed he has stayed out of the gym till now! :x::x:

jinnyp

@charleyb so happy that the scan was good and Charlie is doing so well 🍾 :x::x:

Sele2017

@charleyb , brilliant news. I have had 3 liver resections but have never managed to go to work until after 8 weeks due to fatigue! Sure he is very strong man. :x::x:

spannerkate

I've only just seen this @charleyb and just wanted to say I'm so happy to hear this news! Must be such a relief :x::x::x:

charleyb
Quote from @spannerkate:
I've only just seen this @charleyb and just wanted to say I'm so happy to hear this news! Must be such a relief

Awe thankyou so much!!! How are you guys doing? :x::x::x:

spannerkate

Not bad thanks! Richard is nearly at the end of the 5 weeks of radio. He's been lucky not to have many side effects but his onc did tell him yesterday they might appear after treatment ends. He'll have scans in a couple of weeks and results in October to decide on bowel/liver surgery! I feel like we've been so lucky so far, I just hope it continues!:x:

charleyb
Quote from @spannerkate:
Not bad thanks! Richard is nearly at the end of the 5 weeks of radio. He's been lucky not to have many side effects but his onc did tell him yesterday they might appear after treatment ends. He'll have scans in a couple of weeks and results in October to decide on bowel/liver surgery! I feel like we've been so lucky so far, I just hope it continues!

Charlie had 5days intensive radio, and coped with it really well. He did get the burning and soreness and definitely got fatigue. Sounds like Richard is doing brill!! I`ll keep everything crossed for you guys :x::x::x: