Stage 4 bowel cancer

GD62

Oh well not good news after CT scan results today.

Hello all,

Not great news I'm afraid after seeing my oncologist, as there has been a recurrence in the peritoneum pressing against my ureter and a lesion in my liver. He has given me about 18 months as a ball park figure for survival rate, so I've been referred by to Christies to see if there is anything that can be done and sent for an MRI scan shortly. Also, if no success then have to go on palliative care.

A bit of a shock, but not entirely unexpected.

Hugs and positive healing all :x::x::x:

angepange

Did you enjoy your shin dig @GD62 ? How are you doing?:x::x:

GD62

Hello @angepange

Thank you for enquiring and that is very kind and thoughtful. Hope you are good too. My shindig went very well and my friends were surprised when going home that I was sober as I had been drinking my alcohol free merlot all night, and it must have had a placebo affect as I felt a little bit high. But they were grateful for the lift home, they enjoyed our M&S sandwich platter, lolx, and it was a very good laugh. I never let anyone know and did not speak about cancer, except when my friend's son visiting from Germany asked, and I just said that you just have to learn to live with cancer and deal with it daily. He was surprised that I was still working part time, but I would get bored and will work until it gets difficult. The extra money is good for holidays, treats and the little extras and I do not feel like an object of pity but as a functioning individual and professional person, you still need your identity and being out their helps keep your feet on the ground and gives perspective.

Tomorrow I'm heading to Scotland for 5 days, visiting friends and family, have booked into a hotel to give myself some space, but my younger brother has taken the week of work so we are going sight seeing and out with folk we both know locally.

Back on Saturday and off to Manchester to have dinner with friends and so the whole week is wonderfully busy and distracting.

That said, I probably won't hear for another week or two about a treatment plan, not panicking , I have changes my Low dose naltrexone to two days off two days on cannabis oil, with high strength vitamin d3 and alpha lipoic acid in a vein attempt that it is slowing down any progression in theory. Maybe pseudoscience makes me feel better even if it's a placebo lolx.

You should not have asked as I'm always chatting to people.......take care..

Biggest hugs :x::x::x:

angepange

I am very glad I asked! Enjoy all the activities and distractions. They all sound rather fab. Keep us posted . Thinking of you. Angie :x::x::x:

determinedjoan

So sorry to hear of latest diagnosis/prognosis but delighted you’re enjoying all your get-togethers /activities.
Keep on keeping on dear GD62 .
Enjoy Scotland & all v best with everything. Love & hugs :x:

Kate M

Hello @GD62 Have only just read your post - so sorry to hear your news. You always seem to be so supportive for everyone - why do these things always happen to the best? Keep on looking on the positive side and enjoying life the best you can. Hope Christie's have something to offer you. Kate :x::x:

DianeS

Hi @GD62 wishing you a great time in Scotland with your brother. Fantastic that you are keeping yourself busy. Very best of luck for good news regarding a treatment plan. Thinking of you and keeping everything crossed. Love D :x::x:

GD62

Hi @DianeS been up in highland and seen a great exhibition at Glasgow Kelvin Grove art galleries and museums 😁💕

justhope

Looks fabulous @GD1962 so glad you have got away, enjoy Scotland :x::x:

Diane Marie

Oh we were at the museum last weekend it was great. Loads to see and magical organ recital.
Went up to Glasgow to see The Cure-who were fantastic- but managed to fit the museum in as well glad we did. Great time :x:

kas52

Oh so you have been near us😁Glad u liked it.:x::x::x::x:

GD62

Thanks @Diane Marie and @kas52 have been sightseeing and dining out as it’s my last night but have a weekend in Manchester from Friday. So it’s been good just awaiting MDT plan probably in the next week or so 😊

terri m
Quote from @GD62:
Thanks @Diane Marie and @kas52 have been sightseeing and dining out as it’s my last night but have a weekend in Manchester from Friday. So it’s been good just awaiting MDT plan probably in the next week or so 😊

It looks like you are having a fabulous time @GD62 .. Enjoy the weekend💗👍

GD62

Hi @terri m I have had a busy time but had a chilled day today. Contemplating giving up work if the treatments heavy duty or doing very minimal hours as already part time but looking at Spanish breaks for October maybe depends if they are going to fillet me or poison me with chemo lolx 😁

terri m
Quote from @GD62:
Hi @terri m I have had a busy time but had a chilled day today. Contemplating giving up work if the treatments heavy duty or doing very minimal hours as already part time but looking at Spanish breaks for October maybe depends if they are going to fillet me or poison me with chemo lolx 😁

I hope you will have a great outcome to whatever treatment is decided.. Pwrhaos Ibiza clubbing in september😁😁. Good luck & enjoy rest of break :x::x::x:

AMM31

@GD62 Just read your update and sorry about the news, but admire your positivity. Wishing you best of luck with treatment.
:x::x:

jean

Well done you @GD62. Enjoy your Spanish break and hope your weekend in Manchester is brilliant. Weather is going to be sunny. Your positivity is amazing and here’s to you 🍻. And good luck with your treatment. :x::x:

GD62

Hello @jean @AMM31 thank you for your lovely comments....hugs :x::x::x:

jamtart

@GD62 I do enjoy visiting the Kelvingrove museum. Did you see the Salvador Dali painting? This years highlights so far were seeing Dippy the diplodocus , on tour, and the Leonardo da Vinci drawings.

GD62

Hello @jamtart yes saw the Dali painting too

Gypsy

@GD62 , we lived near Glasgow many years ago for about 8 years and used to go to the Kelvingrove all the time- (the tea room and the cakes were great!). The painting used to be in the entrance hall- it made such an impression on me, I have always been able to see it in my head. It's so powerful. :x: