Stage 4 bowel cancer

Baxter2

Sad news - @Buzylizzy

Im very sorry and sad to share that our lovely Liz Benson (@Buzylizzy) passed away peacefully in her sleep at her local hospice last week.

Liz was a hugely inspiring lady who endured a number of surgeries and countless chemos during the four years she lived with her stage 4 Braf diagnosis. She also took the time to support many others on the forum as well as 'shine' and the stage 4 Fb group. It is horribly unfair and tragic that she has died aged just 40 leaving her husband Andy and their two young children.

Some of us were privileged to spend time with Liz at Penny Brohn Retreats and these times will be special to us as they were to her. Liz was a lovely, kind soul who always made us laugh despite her own struggles.

My thoughts and condolences are sent to her husband Andy, the children and Liz's family.

May she rest in peace.

Karen πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’™β€οΈ

Pam

So very sad :x:

Diane Marie

So sad to read this. Sending love and hugs to her family :x::x::x:

jj

Sad indeed. From her profile we can see she fought so hard to keep going. May she rest in peace now, and may her young family find strength, courage and faith to mend this gaping hole left by her loss. My condolences to her family.
Regards

Lirio345

Thank you Karen, @Baxter2, for sharing this terribly sad news. I was privileged to spend some time with Liz at Penny Brohn in May and in that short time she really touched me. She was funny, caring and beautiful inside and out. Liz was far far too young to leave this world. Much love to her husband and children, Kim :x::x::x::x:

Gypsy

I'm so sad to read this. What can anyone say? My condolences to her family- it is truly awful but helps to learn a little about her on here from those who knew her. RIP Liz.:x::x::x::x:

mem

I’m so very sorry to hear this sad, sad news. My heart goes out to Liz’s family ❀️. Thankyou for letting us know Karen :x::x:

KarenE

So sad to read this news, my condolences to her family :x::x::x:

abergirl

Oh dear, so very sorry to read this, sending love and condolences to her young family. No words really to cover such a loss. God bless. :x::x:

determinedjoan

Oh no... gutted to read this; how tragic - so young & such a young family - sooo bloody cruel.
Thinking of her dear family & sending my deepest sympathies & condolences at this awful time.
May Liz rest now in peace & love.
Sending love & strength to her family :x:

kas52

Very sadπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

palace1960

so sorry to read this sad news, my thoughts are with Liz's family and friends :x::x:

nat

So very sad. RIP :x:

Sean

just horrible. Rest well Liz.:x:

cyclingjohnny

so so sorry to read this sad news today, deepest sympathies, rest in peace.:x::x:

bettebette

Very sorry to read this. Sending heartfelt condolences. Rest in Peace @Buzylizzy

1234annie

πŸ˜” it's just not fair..... too young!! RIP ❀

angepange

God bless @Buzylizzy and her family. So desperately sad and cruel :x::x::x:

Lizalou

Thinking of Liz's family at this sad time, so difficult for her husband and children.

Thanks @Baxter2 for letting us know, but do look after yourself too. :x:

Crick26

So sorry to read this. May she now be at peace and pain free. Thinking of her family :x: :x:

DianeS

So very sad to hear that @Buzylizzy has passed away. Thank you for letting us know @Baxter2 and my deepest sympathy to her family. 😒β™₯️😒β™₯️ :x::x::x::x: